How would you grade Kiffin thus far?

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
I think he's done a great job with getting the ball in the playmakers hands and playcalling in general.

The problem I have is the inability to get plays called and ready to go. At first I thought it was Blake, but it's obvious now that it's not.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Still think he's a great hire like I always have. There's always a few kinks but I have confidence we'll get worked out. Everything is going to be all right, guys. RTR!!!
I hope that's right. I've developed some concern about the chemistry between Kiffin and Saban...

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I hope that's right. I've developed some concern about the chemistry between Kiffin and Saban...

I didn't have high hopes for it but he's our coach so I will support him. I wonder how he would have done had he come in last year (I know he had another job this time a year ago) with a ready made starting quarterback instead of having to pick between Sims and Coker.

pbearbryant

Scout Team
Nov 2, 2007
He could be the best offensive coordinator Alabama has had in a long time...... But I too think Coach Saban will have to keep him on a tight leash.

tru2thaduce

All-SEC
Nov 25, 2005
Wichita,Kansas
CNS has a way of hurting egos at times and it's well know that CLK has a bit of an ego.Im not sure it's good for Kiffin's ego to always have CNS looking over his shoulder at all times.At some point this will grind on CLK if it already hasn't.If it has he has done a pretty good job of not letting it show.That said I like Kiffin's play calling thus far and I look forward to next week against a good Florida D.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I have concerns. the team hasn't gelled , and we are looking at game 4. I know the QB position has a lot to do with that, but we looked like we regressed a little today. I do have concerns about the chemistry between Kiffin and Saban as well, the body language isn't good.I haven't seen Nick this involved with offense since Major Applewhite, I think frustration is setting in a little.

My biggest concern is that in the past , CLK has had a tendency to sulk if things don't go his way. Pete Carroll stroked egos, better check them at the door with Nick. different styles of managing, Lane flourished under Pete. hopefully it all plays out well.

Last edited:

kat4bama

3rd Team
Aug 27, 2009
JMO but neither one of our QB's are very good. Long way to go so I hope our D will gel and step up. We will need defense to win games.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
I think there's a lot more being made of Saban and Kiffin's interactions than what is really there. Those interactions are just being seen on TV. CNS walked around talking (and yelling, at times) into his headset with both Mac and Nuss. In fact, his interactions with Kiffin have been milder than what he did with those guys, but we weren't seeing it happen face to face on TV. His interactions with Kirby (many times), Bo Davis last week, and Bobby Williams this week were way worse than anything I've seen with Kiffin. He straight up yelled them.

Re-watch some games from the last 6 years and see how much CNS has really been involved our offense. He ain't yelling at himself on that headset! -lol

Last edited:

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
CNS has a way of hurting egos at times and it's well know that CLK has a bit of an ego.Im not sure it's good for Kiffin's ego to always have CNS looking over his shoulder at all times.At some point this will grind on CLK if it already hasn't.If it has he has done a pretty good job of not letting it show.That said I like Kiffin's play calling thus far and I look forward to next week against a good Florida D.
I keep thinking CNS is trying to learn from CLK, which is why he gets in the huddle with the offense.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
True but I think CNS has given CLK some pretty good leeway with his play calling so far.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.