From Bama vs S. Miss - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Good: Amari Cooper (could be our offensive MVP), Coker progressed, Drake got more involved, D.Henry got 76 yards very quietly, defensive line put the pressure on the red zone where it's needed most, blocking opened holes, kicking game still top-notch

Bad: Not scattering on the punt, corner play is not really bad but still needs work.

Ugly: Nick Perry with the targeting call -- but let's be honest, it could be asking too much to demand aggressive play and then demand holding up on plays. A reflection of our PC society I guess.

What about you?

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
Good - I don't care who you play, going to 3-0 with a 52-12 win on Saturday is good.

Bad - Perry'*****, while not as awful and evil as some might exclaim on TV, was illegal. What makes it bad is that it was delivered in a game that was never really in doubt, certainly not by the time the hit was delivered.

Ugly - I watched Oklahoma's defense last night against 10orC. The OK defense was all over those guys. If our D cannot play more aggressively, I am afraid our SEC schedule has a good chance of becoming ugly.

The Good- The win, Coop, QB scrambles, we found our guy

The Bad- allowing them to score first or period, the illegal hit, banter between HC & OC

The Ugly- The Alabama fans, some of you just don't get that CNS does what's best for the team

Sent from my iPhone

Roll Tide! 15 Time National Champions, More BCS Championships than any school...

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
The Good - OL Play very solid - gave BS time. Sims -- he made solid throws - ran when he needed - and looks like a veteran
The Bad - Confusion on D (the offense confusion doesn't bother me -- because it was all before the snap -- not during the plays)
The Ugly - Perry'***** -- (dumb on his part) -- the lack of getting OJ Howard involved

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Good - I don't care who you play, going to 3-0 with a 52-12 win on Saturday is good.

Bad - Perry'*****, while not as awful and evil as some might exclaim on TV, was illegal. What makes it bad is that it was delivered in a game that was never really in doubt, certainly not by the time the hit was delivered.

Ugly - I watched Oklahoma's defense last night against 10orC. The OK defense was all over those guys. If our D cannot play more aggressively, I am afraid our SEC schedule has a good chance of becoming ugly.
well, you can get some relief from the fact that tennessee's offense is particularly offensive this year

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Good: Cooper, the running game, we have lots of horses in the stable.

Bad: Giving up points on opponent's opening drive, looking like keystone cops when trying to get play from side lines.

Ugly: Perry's penalty, turnover by the punt return team.

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
Good: Pass rush was pretty good. Blake has an underrated juke move. Coker was on point.

Bad: The DBs.

Ugly: The DBs.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
The Great: USC lost! Pat Haden deserved that loss! SO, I guess he'll still have USC in the final 4.
The Good:
We won! WVU won and I hope they win next week!
The Bad: Suffering Mississippi scored 12 points!
The Ugly: We didn't score a TD on Coker's 2nd drive. The UGA DC's defense! Muschamp's facial expressions during the Kentucky game especially toward the end of regulation and in at least 2 of the 3 OT's.

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
Good- our RB stable playing and contributing

Bad- tackling, sometimes it's just awful. LB and DB mainly

Ugly- that some fans still think we have a QB controversy

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
i will add another ugly to my list:

3 games into the season and our defense has 0 INT. anybody actually remember when the last time we were this far in without an INT? Selma?

Last edited:

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
The Good- The win, Coop, QB scrambles, we found our guy

The Bad- allowing them to score first or period, the illegal hit, banter between HC & OC

The Ugly- The Alabama fans, some of you just don't get that CNS does what's best for the team

Sent from my iPhone

Roll Tide! 15 Time National Champions, More BCS Championships than any school...
This along with the communication on offense.

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Good- our RB stable playing and contributing

Bad- tackling, sometimes it's just awful. LB and DB mainly

Ugly- that some fans still think we have a QB controversy
I can agree with the first two but until CNS stops saying there's a QB "competition" I'm going to assume there will continue to be one. For whatever reason CNS is not ready to anoint Blake THE QB so blame any supposed controversy on CNS, not fans.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.