From Bama vs S. Miss - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Well since it was pretty much the bama that plays down to competition but result never in question week.I'll expand to other teams as well on this topic

The good: we won and Florida looks worse than us and has to come to T town

The bad: despite ou blowing out Tennessee they will still be cocky along with Florida even after a 3 ot game with Kentucky in the swamp

The ugly: how many people wrote off mizzou and have oversold the traditional powers in the east at the beginning of the year and continue to do so. Mauk and hill are the best qbs in the SEC right now

Last edited:

Coach25

1st Team
Sep 1, 2014
I can agree with the first two but until CNS stops saying there's a QB "competition" I'm going to assume there will continue to be one. For whatever reason CNS is not ready to anoint Blake THE QB so blame any supposed controversy on CNS, not fans.
Saban has known, to think otherwise is silly. He is doing the same head games to try and make teams prepare for both qb's. It's just like not having a "depth chart." Saban keeps things in house where they should be and likes to make people wonder. If it was a real qb competition anymore we would see 2 drives then switch, 2 drives then switch. That hasn't happened Sims has been the man every game.

Last edited:

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Saban has known, to think otherwise is silly. He is doing the same head games to try and make teams prepare for both qb's. It's just like not having a "depth chart." Saban keeps things in house where they should be and likes to make people wonder. If it was a real qb competition anymore we would see 2 drives then switch, 2 drives then switch. That hasn't happened Sims has been the man every game.
Well he most want a QB "controversy" amongst the fans then. It's good to know we have a psychic on the board.

Coach25

1st Team
Sep 1, 2014
Good: Only minor injuries, Blake's control of offense, Amari Cooper, Southern Mississippi's acrobatic catches or receivers.

Bad: looking ahead to Florida and not being in rhythm coaches as well as players. Getting plays called in dying first half.

Ugly: No need targeting penalty. some posters sky is falling outlook on this team. Florida needing 3 int and a crazy deflection reception to beat Kentucky.

Coach25

1st Team
Sep 1, 2014
Do you really think he cares what fans think. Like he said himself when he knows he is still not going to tell the media. It's not psychic it's common sense. A competition would be equal opportunities for each qb. As I stated 2 drives then switch. Sims has started and played when the game has been undecided. Coker has not been in the game when there was any doubt of the outcome. He may keep saying competition to keep Sims on his toes knowing that if he doesn't bring his best every week Saban could sit him for Coker. Who knows but this has not been an equal competition.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The mods have pretty quick triggers on that thread. (Thankfully)
All posters have to do is read what the game thread is supposed to be - which I post every week - and stick to it. Our two main problems are 1) inebriation, with the usual tendency towards to immoderation and harsh language. 2) Posters who enter the thread with an agenda, towards a particular player, staff or issue in general. A lot of times, this type of poster can't be pulled off his agenda without prying his fingers from the keyboard one at a time. A lot of private warnings go out - desist or else. Unless someone is really drunk or just a drive-by rival - and those can usually be easily spotted - that usually does the job. I enjoy the game threads. When they're used correctly, it's like watching the game with a bunch of friends, for when you can't personally make the game.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I totally agree! you're doing a great job. Its frustrated to be able to participate in a thread when people gets upset and it makes it harder for us to enjoy it.
All posters have to do is read what the game thread is supposed to be - which I post every week - and stick to it. Our two main problems are 1) inebriation, with the usual tendency towards to immoderation and harsh language. 2) Posters who enter the thread with an agenda, towards a particular player, staff or issue in general. A lot of times, this type of poster can't be pulled off his agenda without prying his fingers from the keyboard one at a time. A lot of private warnings go out - desist or else. Unless someone is really drunk or just a drive-by rival - and those can usually be easily spotted - that usually does the job. I enjoy the game threads. When they're used correctly, it's like watching the game with a bunch of friends, for when you can't personally make the game.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
The Good: 10 years ago, Mullens (the USM QB) would've been a big signee in one of our classes. Thankfully, that is no longer the case.

The Bad: Perry sitting against UF. And, once I watched it on TV, I realized he was in the wrong....

The Ugly: Fans getting used to the fact that we are 1) not a typical Saban offense and 2) we have a Joe Kines defense (i.e. bend dont break)

Coach25

1st Team
Sep 1, 2014
The Good: 10 years ago, Mullens (the USM QB) would've been a big signee in one of our classes. Thankfully, that is no longer the case.

The Bad: Perry sitting against UF. And, once I watched it on TV, I realized he was in the wrong....

The Ugly: Fans getting used to the fact that we are 1) not a typical Saban offense and 2) we have a Joe Kines defense (i.e. bend dont break)
Great post the more I rewatched the targeting hit the more I was upset with Perry. To me it looked like he thought about pulling up for a split second (slight hesitation) but wanted to lay the lumber. If this would have happened in a close game or against a worthy opponent I would not be as upset with the hit Perry delivered.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
a well functioning game thread helps a lot for those who can't watch the game from time to time. I've followed a few games like that while traveling

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
The good - Sims' TD pass to Vogler. That really fired me up LOL.

The bad - All the handwringing over CNS and CLK talking on the sideline. Really? We should worry that our Head Coach and 1st year OC are having conversations? Must we analyze everything...

The ugly - The growing highlight reel of opposing WRs catching either perfectly thrown passes or making ridiculous catches against our "won't look for or play the ball" man coverage. It's making me batty. I'm all goose fraba over here, trying to enjoy football, ya know?

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Great post the more I rewatched the targeting hit the more I was upset with Perry. To me it looked like he thought about pulling up for a split second (slight hesitation) but wanted to lay the lumber. If this would have happened in a close game or against a worthy opponent I would not be as upset with the hit Perry delivered.

watch Perry's reaction after the hit, he knew it was a mistake immediately.

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Do you really think he cares what fans think. Like he said himself when he knows he is still not going to tell the media. It's not psychic it's common sense. A competition would be equal opportunities for each qb. As I stated 2 drives then switch. Sims has started and played when the game has been undecided. Coker has not been in the game when there was any doubt of the outcome. He may keep saying competition to keep Sims on his toes knowing that if he doesn't bring his best every week Saban could sit him for Coker. Who knows but this has not been an equal competition.
Actually I do think he cares what fans think, good, bad or stupid. CNS didn't say he wouldn't tell the media when he makes his QB decision he said he might not tell them.

Maybe the QB competition isn't up to your standards but if the man keeps saying it I'm going to believe there's something to it. CNS doesn't like having to deal with certain media questions that's pretty obvious over the years so you would think it would be pretty easy to stop the QB questions with a direct answer of who it is IF he's made up his mind. I don't think he has.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
The Good - Coop, Henry, Drake, Sims, Yeldon all did well. Kicking game still the best in the SEC.

The Bad - Silly penalties continue (especially on o-line), secondary play is still sloppy

The Ugly - Some of the houndstooth hats and outfits (ESPN was overdosing on the camera shots) are downright ridiculous. They're starting to remind me of overalls at awbarn games and jorts in Gainesville.

Coach25

1st Team
Sep 1, 2014
Actually I do think he cares what fans think, good, bad or stupid. CNS didn't say he wouldn't tell the media when he makes his QB decision he said he might not tell them.

Maybe the QB competition isn't up to your standards but if the man keeps saying it I'm going to believe there's something to it. CNS doesn't like having to deal with certain media questions that's pretty obvious over the years so you would think it would be pretty easy to stop the QB questions with a direct answer of who it is IF he's made up his mind. I don't think he has.[/

Your wrong by the way he did tell media in interview don't ask because when I know I wont tell you so don't ask were his words.Wow really? My standards??? I have no standards, but show me one bit of evidence of a competition since the start of season. Maybe in camp but in every game there has not been a competition. Some just have an obsession over wanting Coker to be the starter and think Sims is a mistake. Sims is our qb and Coker is our back up as of right now through three games. Things could always change but I have not seen anything to suggest that Coker is ready to be the starter.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.