"Hee Haw" - the TV show - that was a great show....

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I got frightened when I was watching Misty Rowe and thought I was turning to stone because of lust when I was eight.

I told a friend of mine that Misty and Lynda Carter were the litmus tests of whether or not you were gay back in my day.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Aaaah the days of 3 channels on TV and being made to watch Hee Haw.
I believe that and the Dukes of Hazzard shaped a generation's view of the South.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
Aaaah the days of 3 channels on TV and being made to watch Hee Haw.
I believe that and the Dukes of Hazzard shaped a generation's view of the South.
They viewed us that way before television existed, unfortunately. DOH and Smokey and the Bandit probably did seem believable to the average Yankee. JMO, but I though Hee Haw was tongue-in-cheek enough to ameliorate those perceptions a bit. I would be interested in hearing from someone reared north of the Ohio River, though.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
They viewed us that way before television existed, unfortunately. DOH and Smokey and the Bandit probably did seem believable to the average Yankee. JMO, but I though Hee Haw was tongue-in-cheek enough to ameliorate those perceptions a bit. I would be interested in hearing from someone reared north of the Ohio River, though.
Well that was a previous generation :p

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Now, that was real entertainment. I actually loved that song and watching "Hee Haw". We just don't have entertainment like that any more. So sad! It was comedy and the finest singing in Nashville, Tennercee!

What does Barbi Benton look like now? Is she alive or just old?

BoSox Tider

Scout Team
Jul 1, 2011
OK,I'll take a crack at this. I grew up in the Boston area in the 60s, and was probably the only kid in my HS who liked country music, for which I took a good deal of grief from my hard-rock loving friends. I was a pretty decent guitar player and singer back then, and in my HS yearbook I said my ambition was to grow up to be Johnny Cash. Obviously I did not achieve that goal! For me the main attraction of HH was the music, although I also got a big kick out of the skits and lusted after the HH Hunnies. I pretty much knew the show's content was tongue in cheek, so I don't think it really affected my view of the South. I just loved Southern music and still do.

Just my 2¢. OK, P-f-f-f-t-t-th-th I'm gone.
RTR.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.