Link: Week Three Polls - Bama Holds Ground

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Actually those 5 SEC teams in the top 10 are all SEC West teams. That's 5 of 7 in the West and I don't think the other two are all that bad either. If one of those 5 teams could make it out unscathed they should postpone the championship series and just anoint that team champion.

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I looked at that and it has our schedule rank at 141. Now, how do you have 4 current top 10 teams on your schedule and end up with a 141 rank? Even Sagarin has us playing 3 top 10 teams, Mississippi at #15, Florida at #21 and Mississippi State at #28. I don't see Oregon, Fla St or Okie playing those kind of ranked teams.
I think the schedule rank is who the teams have played to date..

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I remember someone saying we had the toughest division in all of sports yesterday. They say that every year don't they?

Sent from my iPhone

Roll Tide! 15 Time National Champions, More BCS Championships than any school...
I do not believe that any team will go undefeated in the SEC -- East or West. There are a lot of good teams, but no great team that I have seen. This reminds me of how we were in 2009 -- I think someone pointed that out a few weeks ago. We are having to develop new understandings of what it takes to be successful and win. My prediction is that we will lose 1-2 games...but WHEN we beat AU we will win the West, beat USCeast in the SECCG and make it to the playoffs. Call me delusional...but that's how I see it.

Last edited:
I do not believe that any team will go undefeated in the SEC -- East or West. There are a lot of good teams, but no great team that I have seen. This reminds me of how we were in 2009 -- I think someone pointed that out a few weeks ago. We are having to develop new understandings of what it takes to be successful and win. My prediction is that we will lose 1-2 games...but WHEN we beat AU we will win the West, beat USCeast in the SECCG and make it to the playoffs. Call me delusional...but that's how I see it.
I happen to think we will run the table, with very close games. It wouldn't surprise me if we lost one.

Sent from my iPhone

Roll Tide! 15 Time National Champions, More BCS Championships than any school...

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I looked at that and it has our schedule rank at 141. Now, how do you have 4 current top 10 teams on your schedule and end up with a 141 rank? Even Sagarin has us playing 3 top 10 teams, Mississippi at #15, Florida at #21 and Mississippi State at #28. I don't see Oregon, Fla St or Okie playing those kind of ranked teams.
There are only 128 FBS teams how could we #141?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.