Florida Game Week Press Conference Updates and Practice Reports

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!
Yes. Coach Saban's defensive strategy will probably include a concentrated pass rush forcing Driskel to "make it or break it" one way or the other by his arm.

And I believe Coach Muschamp will try the same with Sims.

The defenses will impact this game much more than the offenses, IMHO.

And whose O-line can best withstand the pass rush!
I'm interested in the Cam/Fowler matchup. True freshman against that veteran pass rush usually spells trouble. Cam isn't the usual true freshman though. It will be one to keep and eye on!

Sent from my iPhone

Roll Tide! 15 Time National Champions, More BCS Championships than any school...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Now, That's interesting... If Tony performs well this weekend... Makes me wonder about Jackson moving to other position... Marlon Humphrey needs to get a shot, just to see what they can do.
Remember Eddie missed most of the second half with a quad injury. Tony was behind him, so it's normal for him to be across from Cyrus right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Remember Eddie missed most of the second half with a quad injury. Tony was behind him, so it's normal for him to be across from Cyrus right now.

I watched Tider Insider and they said Tony was taking Eddie's place with the 1's. Makes me a little concerned Eddie won't be able to go. I think eventually Tony or Eddie will move to the other corner.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I don't know. Marlon is backup behind Cyrus Jones. The only way I see this happening if Tony plays well and Marlon getting playing time down the stretch, we could see Eddie move as third CB on the field, and in a way that'll help both of them out.. not sure.
I watched Tider Insider and they said Tony was taking Eddie's place with the 1's. Makes me a little concerned Eddie won't be able to go. I think eventually Tony or Eddie will move to the other corner.

Quad injury must be a little worse than they thought, and/or Tony may be ready to take the next step.

Sent from my iPhone

Roll Tide! 15 Time National Champions, More BCS Championships than any school...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I don't know. Marlon is backup behind Cyrus Jones. The only way I see this happening if Tony plays well and Marlon getting playing time down the stretch, we could see Eddie move as third CB on the field, and in a way that'll help both of them out.. not sure.
According to the team website, Marlon hasn't played the last two games. Have to wonder if he's nicked up or something.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
SEC coaches teleconference:

Will Muschamp on what impresses him about Blake Sims: "The ability to extend plays."
Muschamp: "He's an accurate thrower … guy that continues to improve to me game in and game out."
Muschamp: "The talent level is what jumps out at you" on offense.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Saban says Florida is vastly improved and off to a really good start.
Saban: "It's never personal with me when it comes to the opponent. I never try to make it personal."
Saban on relationship with Muschamp: "My responsibility is to Alabama football … It's never personal with me when it comes to the opponent."
Nick Saban: "I've always learned from the guys that worked under me, whether it be Jimbo, Will, Kirby, Lane, Mark Dantonio."
Saban says Muschamp was "dealt a tough hand" with what he took over at Florida.
Saban on icing the kicker: "Why not do it? Why let a guy kick it in rhythm?"
Saban says that offensive line-wise, they're still a "work-in-progress."
Saban says it hasn't a sideline problem getting defensive players in position, more about playing a lot of young players.
Saban on recent events in the NFL: "We use every one of these opportunities to teach our players."
Saban on QBs: "I'm comfortable with the guys that we have."
Saban: "I'm comfortable with the [QBs] that we have. I'm happy with the way they've handled the situation."
Saban: "You have to check some of that ego stuff at the door and do what's best for the team."

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I think we'll see him. Coach did mention we'll see more of him as the season progress on, so I guess we'll see him later in the games this season. I would expect MH to get playing time this saturday if Eddie is out. Good chance for to showcase his talent. If he is redshirting, its because of the way he covers the defense, and it needs some work.
I believe he played against WVU.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I can't help but think we'll go run heavy if we can.
Agreed, but we will get back to balance eventually. I think we will see some read option, 88 over the middle off play action, 45 in the flat and a heavy dose of Coop in the 3rd quarter.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.