Florida Game Week Press Conference Updates and Practice Reports

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
From Gainesville:

@APMarkLong: Gators CB Vernon Hargreaves on Alabama's Amari Cooper:"Obviously, I'm going to be covering him. I'm excited for the matchup"

@BobRedman_Scout Muschamp on Alabama: "They have a good football team, we do too."

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
And we're under way...

Saban: Played better as the USM game went on, played with more confidence and executed better. Overall really improved.
Saban: After reviewing the game, we definitely played better as the game went on. Overall, we really improved. Played with confidence.
Saban: “If you look at our schedule starting this week, they’re all good teams. Really good teams.”
Saban: "If you look at our schedule starting this week, they're all good teams." Starting with Florida this Saturday
Saban: WR DeAndrew White will practice, will make decision on playing later in the week.
Saban on injuries: DeAndrew White will practice all week. A couple of guys not 100 percent today but will be fine this week.
Jarrick Williams will also start "running and doing drills" but "much greater longshot" to play this week.
Saban: Players get excited this week, and if they don't, "they don't understand Alabama football and playing in the SEC."
Saban asking for fans to be involved in Saturday's game against Florida.
Saban asking fans to “create an environment” that will help Alabama in a big SEC game this week.
Saban: Florida has a lot better team than they're ranked, because rankings don't mean anything right now.
Saban on Kurt Roper: “The new offensive coordinator has done a really good job for them in terms of what they do offensively.”
Saban: Florida is always one of the top defenses in our conference.
Saban: "Florida has some significant players back who were injured last season. They are much improved offensively."
Saban: Florida is a "much, much, much improved football team from a year ago.
Saban: Florida is a really good team and this is going to be a tough challenge for us.
Saban on VH3: “Probably his greatest asset is that he’s a very instinctive player.”
Saban: "Vernon Hargreaves is very instinctive. He has great ball skills, covers man-to-man and can tackle."
Saban: "When players are in position to make plays, they need to make plays. We need to make plays with confidence."
Saban on DBs: Guys been in position, just have to play the ball with confidence. Players improving, but now up against better players.
Saban: Muschamp “one of the best assistant coaches I ever had.” #Alabama
Saban: I have a tremendous amount of respect for Will Muschamp. One of the best assistants I've ever had.
Saban on DBs: Guys been in position, just have to play the ball with confidence. Players improving, but now up against better players.
On explosive plays the defense has allowed, Saban said the players are usually in good position. Said they just need to make the plays.
Saban: We have in general these first three games "affected the quarterback."
Saban said his defense knocked the QB down 12 times last week. Talking effect of pressure vs. the tangible ‘sacks'
Saban on Amari Cooper's fast start: We're really trying to feature the players that we have.
Saban: So far, what we've tried to do (on offense) has worked and a lot of it has gone through Amari Cooper.
Saban: Coop's got really good size. Very quick for a guy his size. Has explosive speed. Good coming out of the break.
Saban: Trying to get more guys involved in the offense, but what we've done has worked. A lot of that has been through Cooper.
Saban said WR Amari Cooper is "exceptional good" against press coverage. Called him the "complete package."
Saban: Cooper will likely see more man coverage this game. It'll be interesting to see how he handles that. Done well in practice.
Saban: Ryan Anderson and Xzavier Dickson have both done a good job, both have had pressures through three games.
Saban: "We have improved, but we still need to find consistency."
Saban: "I am encouraged by the attitude this team has."
Saban: We feel like we didn't tackle well the first two games. We tackled much better this last game.
Saban: The team put more of an emphasis on really "thudding" the runner in practice last week which helped improve tackling.
Saban: "Florida is basically running the same system Duke had (where UF assistant Roper was last season). It's a very effective system."
Saban: "Most sacks we've had come at the end of the game when Jake (Coker) is in. One if those plays was called wrong."
Saban: "The line will be challenged, but we've done well is pass protection so far."
Saban said UF's Demarcus Robinson is a "pretty complete player" when it comes to outstanding WRs.

Last edited:

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Coop isn't backing down from VH3...

Amari: "I don't believe there's anyone that can cover me 1-on-1"
That may be the case but I won't see if Sims can regularly get him the ball with better coverage on him than we have seen.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
What they're saying in Florida about Saturday's showdown with Alabama

One of the links listed discusses the Florida OL troubles against Kentucky. Bama has done well on getting pressure on the QBs thus far. Possibly a big factor in the game.
Yes. Coach Saban's defensive strategy will probably include a concentrated pass rush forcing Driskel to "make it or break it" one way or the other by his arm.

And I believe Coach Muschamp will try the same with Sims.

The defenses will impact this game much more than the offenses, IMHO.

And whose O-line can best withstand the pass rush!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.