UAB's Bill Clark: I'd "Love to play Alabama"......

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Bama has nothing to gain by playing UAB. It would just be doing them a favor to play them. Hope we don't.

RT3413

All-American
Sep 14, 2004
Atlanta, GA
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say why not? Yes, UAB might get better recruits... kids who might go to Auburn, Miss St, USF, etc... They're not going to steal from us. Yes, we might lose, but then again we might lose to any FBS team (see: Northern Illinois). We have a slot in our schedule and are going to have to pay a team to play us. We constantly complain about the lack of quality in our non-conference opponents, why NOT play UAB? It would give the media something to talk about (read: more attention on our program and players), would be big enough to skip PPV (read: easier for fans) and would be a great environment. I say slot them in our opening in 2015, save us $250K in "transportation costs" we'd have to pay East Bumplestick Technical to come in and then we whip their butts.

Nothingfaced

Scout Team
Aug 13, 2014
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say why not? Yes, UAB might get better recruits... kids who might go to Auburn, Miss St, USF, etc... They're not going to steal from us. Yes, we might lose, but then again we might lose to any FBS team (see: Northern Illinois). We have a slot in our schedule and are going to have to pay a team to play us. We constantly complain about the lack of quality in our non-conference opponents, why NOT play UAB? It would give the media something to talk about (read: more attention on our program and players), would be big enough to skip PPV (read: easier for fans) and would be a great environment. I say slot them in our opening in 2015, save us $250K in "transportation costs" we'd have to pay East Bumplestick Technical to come in and then we whip their butts.
My question is, would Alabama be willing to do a home and home series?

Would Alabama be willing to return to Legion Field?

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
We should never have agreed to play the barn at jordan hair, and we should never play uab period.
There was no getting around that. The decision to move the Iron Bowl out of Birmingham came at a time when Jordan hare and Bryant Denny were getting better while Legion Field was getting worse. As a matter of fact, that is the exact same thing that happened with the Alabama High School Super Six Championships. They saw the writing on the wall and got out of Birmingham. The first year that they played the State championships in Tuscaloosa, they said that they wished they had done it years earlier. I don't mind playing auburn at auburn, so long as we continue to alternate and they have to come to Tuscaloosa every other year.

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
We pretty much had to move our games to Bryant-Denny due to Tide Pride.

A 100,000 seat stadium is too big for high school, but unless you want it in Troy, what else can they do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B

BamaJ

This this this this!!! Why not? If we're as big and bad as we say we are, why not play ANYONE at ANY TIME? We gain as much playing them as we do playing FAU or USM. It's no different. And if we lose recruits to UAB under Saban, something has gone terribly wrong. I'm sorry, but I don't see the harm in it.

Nothingfaced

Scout Team
Aug 13, 2014
This this this this!!! Why not? If we're as big and bad as we say we are, why not play ANYONE at ANY TIME? We gain as much playing them as we do playing FAU or USM. It's no different. And if we lose recruits to UAB under Saban, something has gone terribly wrong. I'm sorry, but I don't see the harm in it.
Saban has never defeated UAB, and that's probably another big selling point. he wants that monkey off his back.

B

BamaJ

Saban has never defeated UAB, and that's probably another big selling point. he wants that monkey off his back.
If he wants it off his back, he's got enough pull at Bama to make it happen. I say, if nothing else, we play them once just so they can't say we won't and so Saban can say he beat them. Then you kill 2 birds with 1 stone. And I find it hard to believe a kid now will ever make his decision on whether to play at Bama based on Saban losing to UAB.

B

BamaJ

I hope you two don't actually think Saban waste's any time thinking about UAB.
Notice the "If" that begins my post. I should have said "wanted" rather than "wants" to make it look less like I think he gives a rip.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
If we're going to play a couple weak teams each year, I'd love to see us play instate schools like Jacksonville St, South Alabama, Troy, and keep the money instate to those schools that could really benefit from playing us..And lots of their players grew up big Bama Fans, but, just wasn't quite good enough to earn scholarships to Bama or Auburn..I think it would be awesome for those kids to get a once in a lifetime to have their backsides whipped by Bama or Auburn..I wouldn't wanna play UAB just cause of their fans that I hate with a passion & wouldn't give them the satisfaction of us whipping them of epic proportions..I really would love to see us play other instate schools like Jacksonville St & South Alabama though..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.