Link: Number Crunch: An In-Depth Look at Amari Cooper's Record-Breaking Pace

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

When the biggest concern around the passing game is how all those yards and completions are distributed, things are usually moving along fairly smoothly.

That's the case at Alabama thanks to the record-breaking pace of junior receiver Amari Cooper.

Amari Cooper is on track to shatter the Alabama school records for receptions and yards.

Cooper, the nation's leader in receptions, is well on track to shatter the school's single-season records for both catches (78) and yards (1,133) set by Julio Jones in 2010. In fact, Cooper's numbers through three games - 33 catches for 454 yards - are almost exactly the same as what Jones had after his seventh game in 2010.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Do I hear Cha-ching? For every catch made, every yard gained, and every TD scored, Coop will move up the draft board expedentially. Wish he would stay for his senior year but, barring injury, I certainly don't see that happening.

rolltiderman

Scout Team
Aug 20, 2005
I am happy for the success he has been having. I hope it continues. My worry is that defenses are going to key on him and Sims just doesn't seem to look at other receivers. Chris Black was wide open several times and he threw to Cooper. Granted, it worked out. I can just see teams keying on Cooper and taking away that option. What say you guys?

I guess another way to look at it is..."if it ain't broke, don't fix it." I hope Cooper keeps getting open.

steej71

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 17, 2011
Another way to look at it is Kiffen may be playing a lot of his offense close to the vest until he actually needs it. I hope he has more in his playbook than "pass it to Cooper". While Florida is concentrating on him, Chris Black stays open.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I am happy for the success he has been having. I hope it continues. My worry is that defenses are going to key on him and Sims just doesn't seem to look at other receivers. Chris Black was wide open several times and he threw to Cooper. Granted, it worked out. I can just see teams keying on Cooper and taking away that option. What say you guys?

I guess another way to look at it is..."if it ain't broke, don't fix it." I hope Cooper keeps getting open.
cooper is arguably the best receiver in the country (i like being able to type that). it may be that coop is the first read on a lot of our plays.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
"Cooper's numbers through three games - 33 catches for 454 yards - are almost exactly the same as what Jones had after his seventh game in 2010."

Wow. :eek2:

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
If he stays healthy, he'll break many season records for the Tide. It's the perfect time for him to step up his game anyway since he's essentially in his proverbial contract year. He'll work his way the near top of the draft.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.