who is your Heisman frontrunner?

oregonbltzkrieg

1st Team
Sep 17, 2013
Ducks at Warp Speed
Amari Cooper

Mariotta will be the fave all year since he has been in the running since Elvis was a thin man. But another result of long term testing is the appearance of long term patterns. Somewhere along the line, Mariotta will choke like a pelican on a catfish; Oregon will get blasted out of the top five and all the Oregon cheerleaders will go ... "doot do doot ... doot doot do doot"
Nice story bro. But this 2014. If Mariota stays healthy Oregon will be in a great position to make a serious run for the title.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Gurley and Mariotta are the favorites at this point.

I love Cooper, but it is unlikely that he will win the Heisman. It's been 22 years since a WR won the award (Desmond Howard) and Coop isn't returning kicks in addition to his WR duties. It's all QB's with the occasional RB.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
I think Mariota is the media darling at this time in the season. If Coop continues to get the exposure he has been getting and doing well against better D's, then he should be in the conversation.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Mariota barely over Gurley at this point simply because Oregon is ranked second and undefeated, while Georgia lost.
I'd have Amari up there but it's rare for a receiver to be a serious contender for some reason.

Nothingfaced

Scout Team
Aug 13, 2014
Mariota barely over Gurley at this point simply because Oregon is ranked second and undefeated, while Georgia lost.
I'd have Amari up there but it's rare for a receiver to be a serious contender for some reason.
IMO, Alabama's best player since the 70s was a man named Freddie Milons.

Damn shame he was never considered for a Heisman.

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
ESPN is my Heisman favorite of course. Oh, you mean the player, not the company that gets the most out of the award. :)

Ask again after 12 games, and I'll give you a real answer. And, the Heisman winner will be the most popular player on the most popular team, as it is every year.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
IMO, Alabama's best player since the 70s was a man named Freddie Milons.

Damn shame he was never considered for a Heisman.
He was considered in the preseason before the 2000 season but he no showed and quit with the rest of the team. He was a great individual talent but I don't hold him in any high regard personally.

Alabama's best player since the 70's is between Shaun Alexander and Mark Ingram IMHO....both guys offensively carried their teams to Championships with Season Long MVP performances one after the other.

Tider n LA

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2003
Alabama
The Heisman Trophy is the most worthless prize to me. It is suppose to go to the most outstanding football player in the country but usually a QB or RB gets it. I put a lot more stock in all the other awards.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.