who is your Heisman frontrunner?

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
A fun thread. At the season quarter post, who is your heisman frontrunner. I think the obvious choice is Gurly and Mariota. Anyone have a player off the radar?
Gurly to me is the best football player in the country. He has seperated himself in my eyes , even with the loss.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
A fun thread. At the season quarter post, who is your heisman frontrunner. I think the obvious choice is Gurly and Mariota. Anyone have a player off the radar?
Gurly to me is the best football player in the country. He has seperated himself in my eyes , even with the loss.
best football player is clearly Gurley but the headbutt took him out of Heisman contention for me

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
best football player is clearly Gurley but the headbutt took him out of Heisman contention for me
definetly out of character from what you see in interviews. headvutt was a posiyive for Georgia though. they gained 15 yards

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
- Mariota is by far and away the favorite.
- The only way Winston gets it again is if everyone else has two loses and they look unstoppable (and undefeated) behind him.
- The loss really hurt
Gurley.
- Cooper might have a chance if he starts getting TDs.

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
Amari Cooper

Mariotta will be the fave all year since he has been in the running since Elvis was a thin man. But another result of long term testing is the appearance of long term patterns. Somewhere along the line, Mariotta will choke like a pelican on a catfish; Oregon will get blasted out of the top five and all the Oregon cheerleaders will go ... "doot do doot ... doot doot do doot"

Last edited:

Tidefan1

Scout Team
Aug 21, 2013
He won't have to do much to win it, the media has been campaigning for him for the last three years. I have a feeling Oregon will manage to lose to Stanford again this year though and maybe add one more loss to some team they have no business losing to.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
Gurley is averaging like 8 yards a carry so far. I expect him to continue at that pace and if Georgia wins out, it's gotta be him. Mariota will choke. Sure as the sun will rise. Does every year. Gurley doesn't choke, his teammates and coaches do.

Its clear Winston isn't gonna put up the numbers to win it again and it's clear that offense won't be the same. Melvin Gordon would still be in the race if his coach hadn't benched him in the second half vs LSU.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
All those who've already been mentioned. But for an off-the-radar guy, Kiel at Cincinnati. He'd be a longshot though since he's not at a premier program.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Amari Cooper

Mariotta will be the fave all year since he has been in the running since Elvis was a thin man. But another result of long term testing is the appearance of long term patterns. Somewhere along the line, Mariotta will choke like a pelican on a catfish; Oregon will get blasted out of the top five and all the Oregon cheerleaders will go ... "doot do doot ... doot doot do doot"
This post is no good without pics!:)

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
The Hypesman is going to be even more of a sham this year, considering it will be awarded now 2 games before the season ends. This needs to change. CFB has evolved too much for the "Most Outstanding Player in CFB" to be awarded with that much CFB left to play. JMO.
Just curious, do you think they should award the NFL MVP after the Super Bowl.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Just curious, do you think they should award the NFL MVP after the Super Bowl.
Yes, absolutely. Championships are the goal of the game. I'm not saying that MVP or even the Heisman should necessarily go to the winner of the Championship team, but it shouldn't go to a guy that completely craps the bed in the Championship game either (Toretta, Jason White, Troy Smith, etc).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.