Colts versus Eagles

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Wow, I spoke too soon. That won't help Trent with his bid for my touches. He needs to cover up the ball better when hitting the pile. He isn't in the best scenario right now, but he's not helping his case with plays like that.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Wow, I spoke too soon. That won't help Trent with his bid for my touches. He needs to cover up the ball better when hitting the pile. He isn't in the best scenario right now, but he's not helping his case with plays like that.
he might not get another carry. so weird to see him fumble considering he rarely fumbled at Bama

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Well, on the plus side for Trent, with the way the officials blew the game at the end the fans will be so mad at the refs they may forget about that fumble. :)

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
This is what's hurting Trent

T. Richardson 21 79 3.8 0 15
A. Bradshaw 13 70 5.4 0 29

His yards/rush is killing him. It takes him 21 rushes to get 79 yards yet Bradshaw gets basically the same amount of yards with 8 less attempts. This has been the case since he entered the league.

I'm not hating on Trent just pointing out why people are having issues with him.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL

His yards/rush is killing him. It takes him 21 rushes to get 79 yards yet Bradshaw gets basically the same amount of yards with 8 less attempts. This has been the case since he entered the league.

I'm not hating on Trent just pointing out why people are having issues with him.

Yeah, though if you give Bradshaw the runs Richardson had last night he wouldn't have done any better. The running plays for Bradshaw were, for the most part, different play calls than the ones for Trent. When Bradshaw was given the runs between the tackles, he largely went nowhere.

It's hard to run when you've got a defender meeting you head-on two to three yards into the backfield on every other running play. :-/

Unless and until the Colts figure out how to actually block for a running game, they're not going to have one of which to speak.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Yeah, though if you give Bradshaw the runs Richardson had last night he wouldn't have done any better. The running plays for Bradshaw were, for the most part, different play calls than the ones for Trent. When Bradshaw was given the runs between the tackles, he largely went nowhere.

It's hard to run when you've got a defender meeting you head-on two to three yards into the backfield on every other running play. :-/

Unless and until the Colts figure out how to actually block for a running game, they're not going to have one of which to speak.
Whether that is the case or not that will not be afforded to Trent when it comes to evaluating him. From a public perception standpoint he's underachieved and when other backs get in there they run better.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

T. Richardson21793.8015
A. Bradshaw13705.4029

Bradshaw looked at least a step quicker than Trent also. Trent needs to work on his quickness and get back to the level it was at his freshman year at Bama. He isn't going to be running over many people in the NFL..

Capt. Jack

Suspended
Jun 20, 2006
The Colts' run blocking is just plain bad. It's hard to get Bradshaw or Richardson going when they're consistently having to dodge defenders in the backfield. Bradshaw is the quicker of the two and that's his advantage over Richardson.

TheAccountant

All-SEC
Mar 22, 2011
Birmingham

If I was Trent I would really focus on learning to block. He could be a hell of a fullback.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014

The difference between Bradshaw and Trent is that Bradshaw hits the hole about a second quicker than Trent, when the defense is still relatively spread out. Once last night I swear it took Trent three seconds before he made his initial cut, by which time the entire Eagle defense (or so it seemed) was at the LOS waiting for him. It's his own fault he keeps running into congested masses of defenders. It amazes me that apparently no one has pointed this out to him yet.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
The difference between Bradshaw and Trent is that Bradshaw hits the hole about a second quicker than Trent, when the defense is still relatively spread out. Once last night I swear it took Trent three seconds before he made his initial cut, by which time the entire Eagle defense (or so it seemed) was at the LOS waiting for him. It's his own fault he keeps running into congested masses of defenders. It amazes me that apparently no one has pointed this out to him yet.
Yea he is an athlete playing running back. He's not a natural runner. He got away with it college but not so much the NFL. I love Trent but just not sure how long he will last if he doesn't redefine his body (lighter and quicker) and get a very good running back coach..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.