Colts versus Eagles

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
The difference between Bradshaw and Trent is that Bradshaw hits the hole about a second quicker than Trent, when the defense is still relatively spread out. Once last night I swear it took Trent three seconds before he made his initial cut, by which time the entire Eagle defense (or so it seemed) was at the LOS waiting for him. It's his own fault he keeps running into congested masses of defenders. It amazes me that apparently no one has pointed this out to him yet.
Yeah that's one thing I've been amazed at and that's how slow he appears. Now granted, I could be wrong but when watching him on tv (compared to other backs) he just looks slow moving through the holes.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
Yea he is an athlete playing running back. He's not a natural runner. He got away with it college but not so much the NFL. I love Trent but just not sure how long he will last if he doesn't redefine his body (lighter and quicker) and get a very good running back coach..
Honestly I think a lot of his problems could be solved by taking the first hole he sees, instead of waiting for it to "open up." He needs to redefine what he considers a "hole." In the rare case he does get past the LOS with a head-full-of-steam, he looks pretty natural to me.

It amazes me that none of his coaches have said, "Trent, quit waiting so long to hit the hole." Run some kind of corrective drills. I thought NFL coaches were good at correcting mechanics.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Honestly I think a lot of his problems could be solved by taking the first hole he sees, instead of waiting for it to "open up." He needs to redefine what he considers a "hole." In the rare case he does get past the LOS with a head-full-of-steam, he looks pretty natural to me.

It amazes me that none of his coaches have said, "Trent, quit waiting so long to hit the hole." Run some kind of corrective drills. I thought NFL coaches were good at correcting mechanics.
Yea I agree. I just think the coaches in the NFL are there to tweak and refine players - not teach a running back how to find and get through the hole. Of course a little blocking by the oline would go a long way also..

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Yea I agree. I just think the coaches in the NFL are there to tweak and refine players - not teach a running back how to find and get through the hole. Of course a little blocking by the oline would go a long way also..
Didn't watch but a few plays last night, but that is what I've noticed when I watch the Colts play. Between Trent not knowing the playbook last year and the pitiful OL play, he hasn't been in the best situation.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Didn't watch but a few plays last night, but that is what I've noticed when I watch the Colts play. Between Trent not knowing the playbook last year and the pitiful OL play, he hasn't been in the best situation.
I think people underestimate his first years with the Browns. He missed several games and still had 950 yards and 12 touchdowns (I think). That's pretty good for a rookie who didn't play the whole season. Of course it's been mostly downhill from there..

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I think people underestimate his first years with the Browns. He missed several games and still had 950 yards and 12 touchdowns (I think). That's pretty good for a rookie who didn't play the whole season. Of course it's been mostly downhill from there..
Just checked his stats. He played in 15 games in 2012 while rushing for 950 yards and 11 TDs. The complaints come because of his average. His best ypc average is this year at 3.7.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
time to stop making excuses for Trent. He was great at Bama but isnt getting it done in the NFL.. He looks extremely stiff when running and on several occasions he chooses the wrong hole or sometimes he fails to hit the corner when it's open while instead, running into a pile of defenders. he's been with 2 teams. Each team had more success with other RB's using the same offensive line. I think it'd do him some good to lose some of that weight even though it is mostly muscle.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.