Obama’s Dismal Midterm Approval Is The Worst Rating In 20 Years

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I recall hearing about Israeli intelligence reports that had Iraqi chemical weapons being shipped to Syria. But, who knows what is true, what is disinformation, or what is completely made up by "sources"?
I would find that preposterous, given the hatred Saddam had for the Assad regime. The Assad family - and ruling clique - are "alewite," a type of Shi'a. Saddam was a Sunni and hated them. The official ruling party in Iraq, the Baathists, hated them, although the Assads were nominal Baathists themselves. It's tough to admit that Saddam really did destroy them but found it to his interests to keep people guessing (as the Israelis have), but that appears to be the case...

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
They had them at one time and used them against their own and possibly Iran. By the time we invaded they had none and apparently weren't trying to rebuild at that time either.
That didn't stop them from flagrantly violating the terms of the cease fire by repeatedly interfering with inspections despite multiple warnings and UN resolutions. They wanted the world, specifically Iran, to think they had WMDs.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
I would find that preposterous, given the hatred Saddam had for the Assad regime. The Assad family - and ruling clique - are "alewite," a type of Shi'a. Saddam was a Sunni and hated them. The official ruling party in Iraq, the Baathists, hated them, although the Assads were nominal Baathists themselves. It's tough to admit that Saddam really did destroy them but found it to his interests to keep people guessing (as the Israelis have), but that appears to be the case...
I agree that it is unlikely Saddam would have done that. But, it is possible someone else made that decision among the chaos - Iraqi Shi'ites or just someone willing to take a bribe. Or it could have been disinformation from either the Iraqi regime or the Israelis - both having an interest in harming Syria.

That didn't stop them from flagrantly violating the terms of the cease fire by repeatedly interfering with inspections despite multiple warnings and UN resolutions. They wanted the world, specifically Iran, to think they had WMDs.
Agreed. And the intelligence communities believed the likely false reports coming out of Iraq. Saddam bluffed Iran, but we called it. And here we are.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.