Obama’s Dismal Midterm Approval Is The Worst Rating In 20 Years

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
The second mid-term is generally brutal; familiarity breeds contempt, &c. Still, this one seems especially nasty. The last year's foreign events weigh heavily in the court of public opinion and right or wrong, the POTUS usually gets the credit/blame. I don't think the ACA has helped the DNC on the domestic front, and the social agenda seems to be a push. What seemed to be an unflappable personality six years ago is increasingly viewed as aloof or (as regards foreign affairs) even inept. If we had three or four viable parties, this would be a disastrous election cycle for the DNC. Fortunately for them, however, they only have to contend with the GOP. Even if the DNC gets blown out, they'll be back in two years. The GOP couldn't hold on to success if it weighed two pounds and was covered with handles.

There's a lot of third-party and independent voters on these boards and (I believe) in the nation. We desperately need to find a better means of using our voice and vote. This polarized two-party system is ineffective.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
Yes, in my lifetime. Probably James Buchanan is, overall.
Pretty much a universal opinion. He was in a tough spot in history. Trying to appear stay within the restraints of government just wasn't going to cut it. There are plenty around that in hindsight would rather have had him stay than Lincoln elected. I am not one of them.

I'll admit that Obama's popularity dive is really a mystery to me. Sure there was bound to be some, but I did not expect this level. IMO there is nothing he is doing that he did not say specifically he was going to do, or it was obvious that he would. We knew exactly what we were getting. I really did not see this much buyer's regret coming.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.