JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Florida preview: Struggles with Kentucky belie Gators’ true talents
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief
September 16th, 2014 12:09 AM

As the final few plays in Florida’s overtime win over Kentucky went by the boards, there were two schools of thought concerning the Gators. The first was that Will Muschamp needed to visit the nearest Laser Copy and start getting resumes ready; the second was that […]

Read More Here

Last edited by a moderator:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Thanks Jess for that most excellent pregame analysis. It was very well done!

The more I think about this game the more I think it will come down to defense.

Specifically:

1) turnovers.

2) pressuring the quarterback

3) run defense

Both offenses have weapons and play makers but it will be the defense that ultimately determines the winner, IMHO.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Both offenses have weapons and play makers but it will be the defense that ultimately determines the winner, IMHO.
I agree with you and Jess in that it will be a close, hard-fought game between two of the most talented teams in the country.

I disagree with your prediction of the outcome, however. :biggrin2:

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Good analysis as usual, Jess. I think your prediction is spot on, but it actually could be a little closer 3-4 points. Don't think either team is capable of blowing the other out, unless turnovers lead to some quick, cheap points. Ought to be a real slobberknocker.

bamakeeb

3rd Team
May 2, 2011
Not to be negative, but what happens if/when Cooper gets taken away and we struggle with the running game. Blake is going to have to step up. OJ, anyone?

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
As an observer of Bama football for many years.....the one thing I have always noticed is how large and strong those Bama players are - and how they can pound an opponent into submission.

Especially late in the game when players are more tired.

That's when the scoreboard gains momentum in many Bama games! :eek:

As an observer of Bama football for many years.....the one thing I have always noticed is how large and strong those Bama players are - and how they can pound an opponent into submission.

Especially late in the game when players are more tired.

That's when the scoreboard gains momentum in many Bama games! :eek:
That's how it usually is Bazza! You're one of the smart guys! I think with Florida and who they are it's going to be a heck of a game. I just believe that overall depth will ultimately win over in the second half. This year we've been pretty good in the second half.

Sent from my iPhone

Roll Tide! 15 Time National Champions, More BCS Championships than any school...

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
The key for us is going to be not turning the ball over and being able to run at a high efficiency on offense like we have through the first three games. I've got a feeling Sims is going to have to go to more receivers than just Coop. I also believe his legs will have to play a big role in this game as well to keep that pass rush at a minimum.

I watched the Gators and the Wildcats the other night and there's no doubt their offense is going through a transition. They are struggling with some of the same things we are. Familiarity.

BubbaOne

Scout Team
Jun 27, 2007
Tucker, GA
Use all the comparison charts you want but until our Ol can push the opponent off the ball making room for our RB's or Blake can open the passing game to get those 8-9 out of the box it will be tough going. Add to that the secondary has not been as stellar as past teams inviting opposing QB's to express there talents at out expense. Maybe coaches have been holding back on the playbook against the cupcake opponents if so now might be a good time to open the bag.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
I think it will probably be a close game, much like Jess predicted. But I also wouldn't be surprised if we came out and destroyed them. We really don't know how good our offense is. We may see us run up and down the field on them just like we have our previous 3 opponents. Plus, the Gators may still be worn out from the OT game with UK - both mentally and physically.

My head says UF is comparable to WVU and this game will be much like that one. But my gut says we come out blazing and never look back, much like the shellacking we put on them in 2005.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.