Going to the doctor today. Pray they find out what's going on.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Thanks brethren and brethrenettes. They took blood work this afternoon and will contact me when the results come back. He said it "sounded like" I was either anemic, thyroid or low T but he couldn't say for sure until blood work comes back. So now it's just a waiting game.

MegaVars

All-American
Nov 17, 2002
Warrior, AL.
I cannot seem to keep from gaining weight no matter how much I exercise or limit my calories, I'm having progressively thinning hair, the strength in my hands have noticeably decreased and they ache. When I open things like a jar of mayo or something I have a hard time. I'm only 38(83). These symptoms have gotten progressively worse over the last year to the point where I'm having a hard time functioning on a day to day basis. The fatigue is what's killing me though. Though I've had my battles with depression in the past, it is not a daily or even monthly thing for me. This fatigue is like a sleepy type of fatigue as if I haven't slept in days.
After you've explained the symptoms + your age.... I'm going with dyslexia. ;)

Seriously, pulling for ya BB that it's an easy, painless fix. :)

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Prayers sent your way, Buzzard, for a speedy and complete recovery. I hope they can get to the bottom of it and solve it in a big way.

On a personal note:
I usually don't put my business out "on the streets". But since we're on this topic, I'm going to mention that Mrs. Reb is in the hospital at this moment and has been since Saturday morning.
She's had diabetes (type 2) from which she's suffered for over 20 years. She's had carpal tunnel surgeries on both hands, heel spur removals on one foot, 3 spinal surgeries in which the last was a spinal fusion. Then there was the gall bladder removal and retina replacements in both eyes.
Now she is in the hospital because of fluid buildup in her lungs which has caused her to swell around her face and have difficulty breathing. They've treated that and it's going down, but now she has blockages in her heart and in both kidneys.
We've known about the kidney problem (which they're now classifying as acute renal failure). But here's the kicker. She needs to get on dialysis but her heart isn't strong enough to endure the stress that it would place on her heart. But she also needs to have a stent put in her heart but the lack of blood to her kidneys during this surgery would shut both her kidneys down and probably kill her.
Her heart doctor was in her room yesterday morning while I was there. He told me that he's going to speak with her kidney doctor to see what they can do about it. What scares me though is that he admittedly doesn't know what to do.
I'm headed back over there in a few minutes and will keep you posted on what they decide is the best way to handle this.
Any prayers y'all can send this way are greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I usually don't put my business out "on the streets". But since we're on this topic, I'm going to mention that Mrs. Reb is in the hospital at this moment and has been since Saturday morning.
She's suffered from complications of diabetes (type 2) from which she's suffered for over 20 years. She's had carpal tunnel surgeries on both hands, heel spur removals on one foot, 3 spinal surgeries in which the last was a spinal fusion. Then there was the gall bladder removal and retina replacements in both eyes.
Now she is in the hospital because of fluid buildup in her lungs which has caused her to swell around her face and have difficulty breathing. They've treated that and it's going down, but now she has blockages in her heart and in both kidneys.
We've known about the kidney problem (which they're now classifying as acute renal failure). But here's the kicker. She needs to get on dialysis but her heart isn't strong enough to endure the stress that it would place on her heart. But she also needs to have a stent put in her heart but the lack of blood to her kidneys during this surgery would shut both her kidneys down and probably kill her.
Her heart doctor was in her room yesterday morning while I was there. He told me that he's going to speak with her kidney doctor to see what they can do about it. What scares me though is that he admittedly doesn't know what to do.
I'm headed back over there in a few minutes and will keep you posted on what they decide is the best way to handle this.
Oh my. Definitely will be praying for y'all.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
She's suffered from complications of diabetes (type 2) from which she's suffered for over 20 years. She's had carpal tunnel surgeries on both hands, heel spur removals on one foot, 3 spinal surgeries in which the last was a spinal fusion. Then there was the gall bladder removal and retina replacements in both eyes.
Praying for you, her, and all of yours Reb. Sounds like a rock and a hard place she's between. May God guide the doctors as they decide.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Prayers sent your way, Buzzard, for a speedy and complete recovery. I hope they can get to the bottom of it and solve it in a big way.

On a personal note:
She's had diabetes (type 2) from which she's suffered for over 20 years. She's had carpal tunnel surgeries on both hands, heel spur removals on one foot, 3 spinal surgeries in which the last was a spinal fusion. Then there was the gall bladder removal and retina replacements in both eyes.
Keeping you and your wife in my thoughts and prayers. I hope everything is ok and she's able to get out of the hospital soon.

twofbyc

Suspended
Oct 14, 2009

On a personal note:
Prayers up for you and the missus, BR - just went through that kidney/heart back and forth with my father in law, who just had a double bypass (at 83, and he's been a diabetic for 15 years). Good luck and may the Lord enlighten your doctors as to the right course of treatment.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
Sorry to hear of your wife's illness Bama Reb. Will be praying for both of you.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers. I've been to see her this morning and spoken with one of her (many) doctors. He "has to speak with her other doctors" to see what they can do.
What? After 5 days, all her doctors don't know what to to and don't have a plan as to how to proceed? The only thing they can say is "keep up your spirits"? Seems to me the prognosis and eventual outcome can't be good.
As with all things though, we hope for the best but plan for the worst.
Again, thanks to all who replied and who have us in their thoughts and prayers.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.