The other side of the domestic abuse debate.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
We all know for a fact what Ray Rice did because it is on video for all to see. However, listening to some people who advocate automatically suspending a player when allegations are brought forth. But what happens (if anything) when once the investigation is over it turns out the allegations weren't true? Yet this player was suspended from playing and basically ostracized by the organization for half a season?

I've not heard anyone come out and present this scenario to balance the debate. Because we've all seen that people can be accused of things, then months later, when it all plays out. We find out the allegations were bogus due to malicious intent of the accuser. We're not always going to have video evidence like the Ray Rice situation. Yet we're prepared to drop a major hammer on a player for allegations of something that hasn't even had a chance of going through any sort of due process. I know we don't live in a "fair" world and everything cannot be fair.

The discussion of Ray McDonald in the Sunday night game made me think of this.

Last edited:

hollisx4

1st Team
Aug 29, 2005
Columbiana, AL.
Men aren't allowed to have those types of thoughts. You are guilty if accused and to suggest otherwise will get the person doing the suggesting a suspension for "insensitivity".

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Good job!!!

They won't care. It would be like no harm no foul to them. It's funny how Ray Rice's wife take blame for the altercation but he's still suspended, yet nobody wants to believe that.

Sent from my iPhone

Roll Tide! 15 Time National Champions, More BCS Championships than any school...
have you still not slept or are you just massively misogynistic? Rice was at fault. There is a reason why many States have laws in place to go after abusers even when their victims come to their defense. It's because victims are typically psychologically victimized first. They are stuck in a situation where they are so beat down by the abuser* that they feel at fault for their own victimization. Have you ever known an domestic abuse victim? They almost always defend their abuser. Her "taking blame" means nothing. Period. He is a piece of crap that deserves to suffer for his actions.

Now on to Buzz's point, I agree alegations should be substantiated first. In Rice's case it is clear in other cases we should wait on the courts

*notice I said Abuser and not Man. I've seen and known Women who were abusive as well, and watched their man inexplicably defend them too

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
have you still not slept or are you just massively misogynistic? Rice was at fault. There is a reason why many States have laws in place to go after abusers even when their victims come to their defense. It's because victims are typically psychologically victimized first. They are stuck in a situation where they are so beat down by the abuser* that they feel at fault for their own victimization. Have you ever known an domestic abuse victim? They almost always defend their abuser. Her "taking blame" means nothing. Period. He is a piece of crap that deserves to suffer for his actions.

Now on to Buzz's point, I agree alegations should be substantiated first. In Rice's case it is clear in other cases we should wait on the courts

*notice I said Abuser and not Man. I've seen and known Women who were abusive as well, and watched their man inexplicably defend them too
Yeah, the Rice case (once the video came out) was an open and shut case. But as we all know most of the time there won't be video evidence. So in cases where there's no video we'll probably see a lingering investigation that could possibly last through a significant portion of the season. I don't think it is right to the player to be automatically suspended, miss games and also his reputation be prosecuted through the media the entire time he's out. Only to be proven innocent at the end of it. I see nothing wrong with having him continuing to play until the allegations are proven to be more than just allegations.

Never said he wasn't at fault. I'm just saying what the woman said that's all. But no I've never known a female victim.

Sent from my iPhone

Roll Tide! 15 Time National Champions, More BCS Championships than any school...

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Yeah, the Rice case (once the video came out) was an open and shut case. But as we all know most of the time there won't be video evidence. So in cases where there's no video we'll probably see a lingering investigation that could possibly last through a significant portion of the season. I don't think it is right to the player to be automatically suspended, miss games and also his reputation be prosecuted through the media the entire time he's out. Only to be proven innocent at the end of it. I see nothing wrong with having him continuing to play until the allegations are proven to be more than just allegations.
It wasn't once the video came out, RR admitted to punching and knocking her out months ago (in July I believe). Overall, I would take it case by case basis. McDonald I would let play as he has not even been charged yet. AP I would suspend until the process is over as the allegations against him are very serious and there are multiple allegations from multiple people. AP is still getting paid over $700,000 per week while suspended..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.