Virus sickens kids in 12 states

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
hmmmmm. a disease that hasnt been around and suddenly it breaks out like gangbusters just as the government is shipping nasty disease ridden illegals everywhere? yeah, id say they are probably connected.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Pipe down, you two. Haven't you heard we're under a fundamental transformation?

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Last edited:

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
No. By "Brown Scare" I'm referring to the nonsensical (and dare I say racist) attempt to blame the spread of this disease on immigration.
HOW DARE YOU SIR TRY AND NOT ATTRIBUTE EVERYTHING TO THE DEMOCRATS? This is obviously due to dirty immigrants who are only here for welfare. You are a communist and not a patriot.

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
Wow, so it isnt rare... Interesting how I have never heard of this particular disease until the past couple weeks. Even more interesting is how I have never seen this story in past yrs on CNNABCCBSNBC but I guess Rush forced them to cover it now.

from wiki: "First isolated in California in 1962 and considered rare, it has been on a worldwide upswing in the 21st century.[2][3][4] Since its discovery in 1962, EV68 was described mostly sporadically, in isolated cases: six clusters (equal to or more than 10 cases) or outbreaks between 2005 and 2011 have been reported from the Philippines, Japan, the Netherlands, and three states in the United States (Georgia, Pennsylvania and Arizona).[6] EV68 was found in 2 of 5 children during a 2012/13 cluster of polio-like disease in California.[7]"

It is amazing libs have to lie so blatantly to change reality to fit the utopia in their imagination.

Last edited:

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Wow, so it isnt rare... Interesting how I have never heard of this particular disease until the past couple weeks. Even more interesting is how I have never seen this story in past yrs on CNNABCCBSNBC but I guess Rush forced them to cover it now.

from wiki: "First isolated in California in 1962 and considered rare, it has been on a worldwide upswing in the 21st century.[2][3][4] Since its discovery in 1962, EV68 was described mostly sporadically, in isolated cases: six clusters (equal to or more than 10 cases) or outbreaks between 2005 and 2011 have been reported from the Philippines, Japan, the Netherlands, and three states in the United States (Georgia, Pennsylvania and Arizona).[6] EV68 was found in 2 of 5 children during a 2012/13 cluster of polio-like disease in California.[7]"

It is amazing libs have to lie so blatantly to change reality to fit the utopia in their imagination.
I worded that wrong. Substitute "rare" for "unique to."

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
So the question remains: What changed in just the last yr to make this disease run rampant in a population where it had previously been extremely rare for the past 50 yrs?

Doesnt take a genius to connect the dots. Especially considering the outbreak of other respiratory diseases among the illegals in the border detention facilities. There are times to defend ideology, and there are times to use common sense. The kids werent properly screened, and then they were immediately shipped across the country. It appears amazingly obvious exactly what caused and spread this.......... those Jenny McCarthy fans who are vaccine hating hipster moms.

this also proves my long held belief that children are the primary vectors of all major diseases in the world. this virus started going nuts as soon as kds went back to school. nasty lil critters.

Last edited:

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
So the question remains: What changed in just the last yr to make this disease run rampant in a population where it had previously been extremely rare for the past 50 yrs?

Doesnt take a genius to connect the dots. Especially considering the outbreak of other respiratory diseases among the illegals in the border detention facilities. There are times to defend ideology, and there are times to use common sense. The kids werent properly screened, and then they were immediately shipped across the country. It appears amazingly obvious exactly what caused and spread this.......... those Jenny McCarthy fans who are vaccine hating hipster moms.
Jenny McCarthy - spreading stupidity faster and farther than she ever did her legs.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013

Doesnt take a genius to connect the dots. Especially considering the outbreak of other respiratory diseases among the illegals in the border detention facilities. There are times to defend ideology, and there are times to use common sense. The kids werent properly screened, and then they were immediately shipped across the country.

This virus is essentially an extreme variation of the common cold. They're all in the same family. Compare it to the flu virus. If you've ever looked up the flu vaccine, you'll know that the vaccine is different every year. They predict which variation of the flu virus will be most prevalent and vary the vaccine accordingly. Some of these variations tend to be worse than others. H1N1 (swine flu), which was also the prevalent virus during the Spanish Flu epidemic and the outbreak in 2009, being a good example.

This was just the year that EV-D68 had its number called. This sort of thing is not entirely unheard of for those of us working in healthcare.

In summation, it's the summer cold from hell that's seeing a sudden surge due to kids returning to school, which you noted below.

It appears amazingly obvious exactly what caused and spread this.......... those Jenny McCarthy fans who are vaccine hating hipster moms.

Speaking of vaccine denialism.

UGH

this also proves my long held belief that children are the primary vectors of all major diseases in the world. this virus started going nuts as soon as kds went back to school. nasty lil critters.

I work in a children's hospital. This is a good observation.

Last edited:

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Weren't the first outbreaks in the midwestern states where there were few of the new immigrant children?

You are engaging in a fallacy gmart. No, fallacy is not a sexual act!

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL

Or one could use a possible logical explanation such as, doctors have been prescribing antibiotics twice as often as necessary. http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/201...scribed-for-children-twice-as-often-as-needed

This likely has two side effects, bacteria based diseases are evolving to become antibiotic resistant, and children are getting weaker and weaker immune systems.

But I will grant you that its easier to blame the brown people.

Edit: Yes I know this is a viral issue, but to immediately think that its only because immigrants are coming across is pretty weak logic. China had the avian and swine flu that hit them pretty hard awhile back. I don't remember the boatloads of immigrants going from central america to china. Is it possible that this is just a natural evolutionary change to a virus that has somehow become more contagious this year?

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
This virus is essentially an extreme variation of the common cold. They're all in the same family. Compare it to the flu virus. If you've ever looked up the flu vaccine, you'll know that the vaccine is different every year. They predict which variation of the flu virus will be most prevalent and vary the vaccine accordingly. Some of these variations tend to be worse than others. H1N1 (swine flu), which was also the prevalent virus during the Spanish Flu epidemic and the outbreak in 2009, being a good example.

This was just the year that EV-D68 had its number called. This sort of thing is not entirely unheard of for those of us working in healthcare.

In summation, it's the summer cold from hell that's seeing a sudden surge due to kids returning to school, which you noted below.

Speaking of vaccine denialism.

UGH

I work in a children's hospital. This is a good observation.
there was a nasty batch of this going around atlanta a couple of years back, it was basically a common cold with very thick mucus. our daughter got it a couple of weeks after heart surgery and we ended up spending 23 days in a cardiac step down unit waiting for it to clear, she felt "fine" after a few days there, but her pulse-ox wouldn't get out of the low-90s on room air because the stuff wouldn't clear. the folks at children's were telling us that normally healthy kids were being hospital bound for several days with it and that they were having a shortage of beds at the time.

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
Weren't the first outbreaks in the midwestern states where there were few of the new immigrant children?

You are engaging in a fallacy gmart. No, fallacy is not a sexual act!
the most transparent administration in history refuses to tell us where he sent the illegals. so who knows. i guess this could easily be solved if he would just allow the facts to come forth but instead he chooses to be secretive... just like with his birth certificate, benghazi, irs, michael, etc.

....and fallacy can absolutely be a sexual act if one tries hard enough.

Last edited:

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
China had the avian and swine flu that hit them pretty hard awhile back. I don't remember the boatloads of immigrants going from central america to china. Is it possible that this is just a natural evolutionary change to a virus that has somehow become more contagious this year?
avian flu has always been associated with asia, not immigrants from central america... so nice straw man. im sure seebell will be along any month now to explain to you what a fallacy is.

Last edited:

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
Or one could use a possible logical explanation such as, doctors have been prescribing antibiotics twice as often as necessary. http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/201...scribed-for-children-twice-as-often-as-needed

This likely has two side effects, bacteria based diseases are evolving to become antibiotic resistant, and children are getting weaker and weaker immune systems.

But I will grant you that its easier to blame the brown people.

Edit: Yes I know this is a viral issue, but to immediately think that its only because immigrants are coming across is pretty weak logic. China had the avian and swine flu that hit them pretty hard awhile back. I don't remember the boatloads of immigrants going from central america to china. Is it possible that this is just a natural evolutionary change to a virus that has somehow become more contagious this year?
lol i just read that post again and it could possibly be the most ridiculous post of the month. first you immediately discount a very logical (perhaps incorrect, but at least logical) reason for an outbreak of an otherwise rare viral disease, then you use a completely irrelevant tangent about bacteria and antibiotics, then you call out your own irrelevant point by acknowledging antibiotics have nothing to do with viruses. and in between all that you get in a personal insult and ad hominem attack (im sure a mod will be around any second to admonish you) by insinuating im racist against hispanics despite the fact that i am married to a hispanic (just dont tell her that).
...and then displaced actually liked that post? im in bizarro world.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.