Will Yeldon be able to play this week

BigGunn

1st Team
Dec 5, 2004
Pace, Florida
Any news on his hammy this week? Is he able to practice this week? I know Henry and Drake can carry the load but I believe we need him too.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I'm not worried about who will be carrying the ball. In assuming Yeldon will be good to go though..

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
We need TJ for this game so I will be worried until I see him lining up at RB.
I disagree that we need Yeldon to win the game. I would love for him to be 100% and we have a better chance to win with him playing, but I don't think we would lose if he didn't play at all. JMO..

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Hamstrings are tough. I hope TJ's ready.
If not, the biggest Derrick Henry fan on this board declares, start Kenyan Drake.
IMO, Derrick's been slow to the hole and isn't playing with fire, while Kenyan is playing his butt off and is on a quest to prove himself.
Don't show me statistics--they're similar.
But Kenyan, from what I've seen thus far, is more determined than Derrick, team wise.
Every opinion I ever state is, "as of right now".
As of right now, if T.J. doesn't start, I'd start Kenyan.
sip

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I disagree that we need Yeldon to win the game. I would love for him to be 100% and we have a better chance to win with him playing, but I don't think we would lose if he didn't play at all. JMO..
I agree we can win without him but I like having our first team RB going into big SEC game. TJ has been in this situation a lot.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
If not, the biggest Derrick Henry fan on this board declares, start Kenyan Drake.
IMO, Derrick's been slow to the hole and isn't playing with fire, while Kenyan is playing his butt off and is on a quest to prove himself.
But Kenyan, from what I've seen thus far, is more determined than Derrick, team wise.
sip
Love ya (in a manly way) 'Sip, but no......Drake is playing with fire coming off the bench. Henry wants to be the man. Start Henry with Drake coming off the bench and they both play better.

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
Love ya (in a manly way) 'Sip, but no......Drake is playing with fire coming off the bench. Henry wants to be the man. Start Henry with Drake coming off the bench and they both play better.
Exactly. Henry is "thunder" and Drake is "lightning" in that combination. Of course that is if TJ doesn't play which I hope is not the case.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Allright, I'm counting on you, as coach, to make the right decision! And you better be right!! :)
Go both of them, if necessary.
sip

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Allright, I'm counting on you, as coach, to make the right decision! And you better be right!! :)
Go both of them, if necessary.
sip
If I'm the coach then we're all in trouble! Forget which 2nd string RB to start in #1 can't go, forget who to start at QB, if I'm coach our title hopes are out the window faster than a stolen laptop in Cam Newton's apartment! Roll Tide!

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
As 'Sip mentioned earlier, and as I'd noted in another thread, hammy's just can't be rushed, otherwise you're right back where you started.

As most of the posters in this thread suggest, thanks God we're blessed w the stable of elite RB's we have...

TAKEPRIDE22

2nd Team
Jul 21, 2011
Birmingham, AL
sip
I actually agree with starting Drake. I, like you, see more fire in Drake right now, whether it's to prove himself or not.

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
It will all depend on the severity of the "strain". I've had mild one's playing basketball, and was back up and running in a couple of days. Let's hope that's what's up, and remember the level of treatment he gets is beyond anything you or I have ever experienced.

I will say I'm comfortable going with Henry, Drake, and Jones if he isn't ready.

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
sip
I agree with you Sip that Henry's been slow to the hole, but I think it is injury related. Listening to CNS pressor post game, he said that Henry has a sore shoulder and I wonder if that is why he didn't look as good. Drake may need to start and I agree he looks really good. I also liked in what I saw of Tyron Jones.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.