First time at Bryant Denny

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
This will be my first game ever in Tuscaloosa. I've been to games across the country, but never here in Alabama. I'm not looking for food places around town but more of things, places, people/personalities to see around the stadium. I know/posted about the SEC NOW show filming there. When is the walk of champions? Where's all the everything? Lol. Last year I got the wife season tickets since I was overseas but she just went up for the games and not the socializing. Any advice is welcome!

Last edited:

TiderMan

All-SEC
Feb 5, 2005
Moody, AL.
Walk of Champions typically starts about 2 hours prior to kick-off on the north side of stadium (University Blvd side). However, you need to get there at least 3 hours before kick-off in order to get a good place along the walk so you can see.

The Quad has things going on all day and usually some former Alabama players or a current Bama sports team will be over there signing autographs or doing some sort of promotion.

The Bryant Museum is also a must see and this weekend Howard Schnellenberger will be in town and at the Bryant Museum (among other places) signing his new book.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
My advice...

SOAK IT UP... It's a great atmosphere. I've ran into many former players on the Quad.

A casual observation... Never knew we had so many star players with small feet...

If you go around the major Tailgating areas, you may never get inside the stadium.
You won't come away hungry...

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I remember my first time, I went with my dad. I was 11, 1973 , Bama vs VPI(virginia tech), Bama eeked out a win.:smile:. Be careful, it is habit forming :cool2:

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama
We will be going to U3K above the press box. I'm curious if there's an elevator.

And, any advice on parking? I hear you can park downtown and take a shuttle to the stadium, but we have a special needs person with us, and it's not impossible we;ll have to leave early, sadly. If we do this I am concerned we may not be able to get a shuttle back to downtown.

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I remember my first time, I went with my dad. I was 11, 1973 , Bama vs VPI(virginia tech), Bama eeked out a win.:smile:. Be careful, it is habit forming :cool2:
Ah, my sophomore year at Bama. I'd say we eeked out a win what with 748 yards rushing. I don't know if that's still the 1 game rushing record but it was at the time.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
We will be going to U3K above the press box. I'm curious if there's an elevator.

And, any advice on parking? I hear you can park downtown and take a shuttle to the stadium, but we have a special needs person with us, and it's not impossible we;ll have to leave early, sadly. If we do this I am concerned we may not be able to get a shuttle back to downtown.
Wife said she went online last year and purchased parking via this link

http://www.uagameday.com/football/parking-info.php

She said it made life very easy. It also has maps showing closer shuttle service and a phone number if you want special needs info.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
What is allowed for a diaper bag? Size and does it have to be a tiny clear bag? Or is there some leeway? Taking my 3 year old boy in a couple of months.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
What is allowed for a diaper bag? Size and does it have to be a tiny clear bag? Or is there some leeway? Taking my 3 year old boy in a couple of months.
I got this from their website.

"Only small personal bags (purses, baby or diaper bags, etc.) will be permitted inside Bryant-Denny Stadium and are subject to search at all entrances. Bag size must be no larger than 8.5 x 11 inches. Please leave all unnecessary items in your vehicle or at home. Prohibited items must be returned to your vehicle or discarded. Staff may not store or hold items for you until postgame. Patrons who refuse to allow visual inspections of contents of bags or purses will be denied entry to the stadium."

http://www.rolltide.com/tickets/m-footbl-tickets.html

I always take this bag and never have a problem.

Last edited:

irNate

1st Team
Nov 19, 2010
Snellville, GA

"Only small personal bags (purses, baby or diaper bags, etc.) will be permitted inside Bryant-Denny Stadium and are subject to search at all entrances. Bag size must be no larger than 8.5 x 11 inches. Please leave all unnecessary items in your vehicle or at home. Prohibited items must be returned to your vehicle or discarded. Staff may not store or hold items for you until postgame. Patrons who refuse to allow visual inspections of contents of bags or purses will be denied entry to the stadium."

We take a similar bag and it rarely even gets checked

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ

I have a bag similar. Thanks.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
As I recall, 8.5" x 11" was the posted size limit when I went to the FAU game. Gate attendants where I entered the stadium were using notebook-paper-sized cards to check the size of every bag coming into the stadium.

gumptider

1st Team
Sep 24, 2008
Don't know how you are with bars, but it's worth poking around in The Houndstooth a little bit. Pretty cool memorabilia, TVs going, and a lively crowd. We like to stop by Gallette's and have a Yellowhammer for pre-game. As far as parking, we always bite the bullet and pay $20 or $30 to park a block off the Strip. It's a quick walk to the stadium from there and we can keep things in our car for quick retrieval.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
This will be my first game ever in Tuscaloosa. I've been to games across the country, but never here in Alabama. I'm not looking for food places around town but more of things, places, people/personalities to see around the stadium. I know/posted about the SEC NOW show filming there. When is the walk of champions? Where's all the everything? Lol. Last year I got the wife season tickets since I was overseas but she just went up for the games and not the socializing. Any advice is welcome!
Get there EARLY and SOAK in like a sponge all the ELECTRICITY that that's pervasive and flowing throughout the campus.

It's just not the same going to another site for a game. Being on campus is totally different! At least it is for me. Don't get shocked by the electricity flowing throughout the air on campus as you move toward Bryant-Denny.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.