News Article: CFN: Is Jeff Driskel Ready To Pull It Off?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The only thing that has me concerned... duke 2010, I was there. While their talent was vastly inferior, Cutcliff (natural reasoning would assume roper as well) figured out how to move the ball, pretty well against us getting 17 first downs. Total yardage was not really impressive at 304, but that was because there were no YAC on any receptions (something this years team has given up). I know, I know, its crazy to think that duke played well in a 62-13 game. Our offense was great, no doubt. I can assure you though, Duke could move the ball pretty much at will by the third quarter (and yes the starteres were still in because CNS got mad at them for their play).
I really cannot find much of a comparison between the 2010 team and the present one. 2010 was arguably more talented, but with many more internal motivational problems, compared to this "hungry" team. It's really sort of a reach to go all the way back to a Duke game of four years ago with a totally different cast of players...

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
If Florida keeps it close, it's because WM found a way to stump Blake Sims, or there are a few quirky plays here and there, or a special teams snafu. It won't be because of JD.

Bama by 28

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Tebow, Cam, and Manziel didn't play over there heads in those games. They were all Heisman winners so they were great players. Its the Stephen Garcia game that really stands out. Trevor Knight has turned out to be a good player and so has Trickett. Every time we lose or its a close game we don't have to rationalize, the other teams have good players also.

And almost every other game during Saban's tenure here the opposing QB has looked below average..
You will find very few on this site who believe your above comment in bold lettering.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I think the best strategy for both teams is to put as much pressure on the QB as possible.

The defensive and offensive lines will have a long hard day in the saddle.

I also think whichever team ends up with the most rushing yardage has the best chance to win.

I really cannot find much of a comparison between the 2010 team and the present one. 2010 was arguably more talented, but with many more internal motivational problems, compared to this "hungry" team. It's really sort of a reach to go all the way back to a Duke game of four years ago with a totally different cast of players...
You are expecting a route like that or am I ready this wrong...

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
Florida is going to have some speed on the corners coming after Blake Sims to try and throw him out of his rythymn. I'll say it again, 'Florida will play the best they've played in two years this coming saturday. This game could save CWM's job.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
You are expecting a route like that or am I ready this wrong...
No, I wasn't predicting a blowout. I was just pointing out that there's nothing to be learned from a four-year old game, with different players. The 2010 team has been exhaustively analyzed both here and elsewhere. All I have heard, both publicly and privately, is that this team is a "team first" bunch, without the selfishness which blunted a lot of the excellent talent on the 2010 team...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Florida is going to have some speed on the corners coming after Blake Sims to try and throw him out of his rythymn. I'll say it again, 'Florida will play the best they've played in two years this coming saturday. This game could save CWM's job.
I agree that it's probable we'll see more blitzing than we've seen so far this season. They will test Sims...

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Bring it - with Sims' quick and accurate passing they'll just be really tired before it's all over with.
I agree that it's probable we'll see more blitzing than we've seen so far this season. They will test Sims...
As Driskel will also be tested.

The game will likely come down to which QB handles himself best under pressure.

Both QB's have the ability to run if need be and because there will be blitzes, loaded boxes, and very good secondary coverage - this component will be crucial in determining success by either team.

It's going to be quite a battle!!!

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.
I might be dead wrong on this,...but with the media trash talking our secondary all the time,..it wouldn't surprise me to see them pick off ol Driskel a coupla times, if our D line can get pressure on him...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.