News Article: CFN: Is Jeff Driskel Ready To Pull It Off?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I think both teams find out a lot about themselves Saturday. From a Bama perspective I know our passing game will be put to the test as will our rush defense.
I think if our secondary can slow the Gators we win - I know we can slow the running game.

I'll believe a team can stop our offense when I see it - sick talent everywhere and they're performing very well.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I just don't see this game being close. Admittedly I was wrong about the WVU game not being close, but UF doesn't have any significant skill players on offense. They are missing their best offensive lineman as well. They do have athletes and playmakers on defense that might be able to keep the game close. We should win by a pretty comfortable margin as long as we don't throw up on ourselves..

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
One of the keys to the game will be our O-line vs their D-line. The outcome will be a result of that battle. If our O-line is able to protect Sims and plow the way for the RBs, we will win easily.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
It might just be my imagination, but we seem to do a better than average job of presenting to what up to that point has been a rather pedestrian QB, an opportunity to have a "career making day". Unfortunately, more times than not, it feels like they take advantage of it! I wish we`d stop doing that.

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
Driskel looked like he has always looked against UK. I don't expect anything different. I had a friend that is Barn fan tell me something that made me think. He said, "Alabama looks bored. They look they want a challenge." He is a guy that knows football, and admits that Marshall has not touch on his passes, and that the Barn can't defend at all, so he's not a typical barner. I hope he's right and the Tide comes out ready for blood Saturday.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
Funny thing, I am not worried about BS and our passing game anymore. I believe in him now and our balance with our running game.

My only concern is our lack of experience and depth in the secondary.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
Driskel looked like he has always looked against UK. I don't expect anything different. I had a friend that is Barn fan tell me something that made me think. He said, "Alabama looks bored. They look they want a challenge." He is a guy that knows football, and admits that Marshall has not touch on his passes, and that the Barn can't defend at all, so he's not a typical barner. I hope he's right and the Tide comes out ready for blood Saturday.
I think there is something to that. Watch the O and D play book open up on Saturday.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
It could be close the whole game, but I think this might be the game we flex our muscles.

I'm looking for us to play our most complete game and steadily pull away.

I think UF got exposed against KY and their confidence level has got to be shaken. The first sign of things going wrong may start an early rout for the good guys!

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
It might just be my imagination, but we seem to do a better than average job of presenting to what up to that point has been a rather pedestrian QB, an opportunity to have a "career making day". Unfortunately, more times than not, it feels like they take advantage of it! I wish we`d stop doing that.
how many times has that happened? Twice?

wsims74

3rd Team
Apr 30, 2013
The only thing that has me concerned... duke 2010, I was there. While their talent was vastly inferior, Cutcliff (natural reasoning would assume roper as well) figured out how to move the ball, pretty well against us getting 17 first downs. Total yardage was not really impressive at 304, but that was because there were no YAC on any receptions (something this years team has given up). I know, I know, its crazy to think that duke played well in a 62-13 game. Our offense was great, no doubt. I can assure you though, Duke could move the ball pretty much at will by the third quarter (and yes the starteres were still in because CNS got mad at them for their play).

GeorgiaTider

All-SEC
Oct 30, 2005
This is what scares me. I fear Driskel has a Garcia performance.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
I think both teams find out a lot about themselves Saturday. From a Bama perspective I know our passing game will be put to the test as will our rush defense.
This is EXACTLY what I'm hoping for regarding bama. I'd like to see the secondary tested and pass, not fail. I'm hoping for broken up pass plays and interceptions more than I am sacks to be honest.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
how many times has that happened? Twice?
Tim Tebow in the 2008 SECCG
Stephen Garcia in 2010
Cam Newton in the second half of the 2010 Iron Bowl
Johnny Football in 2012
Aaron Murray in 2012 SECCG
Nick Marshall in the 2013 Iron Bowl
The OU guy in the last Sugar Bowl

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Tim Tebow in the 2008 SECCG
Stephen Garcia in 2010
Cam Newton in the second half of the 2010 Iron Bowl
Johnny Football in 2012
Aaron Murray in 2012 SECCG
Nick Marshall in the 2013 Iron Bowl
The OU guy in the last Sugar Bowl
Tebow, Cam, and Manziel didn't play over there heads in those games. They were all Heisman winners so they were great players. Its the Stephen Garcia game that really stands out. Trevor Knight has turned out to be a good player and so has Trickett. Every time we lose or its a close game we don't have to rationalize, the other teams have good players also.

And almost every other game during Saban's tenure here the opposing QB has looked below average..

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
The only thing that has me concerned... duke 2010, I was there. While their talent was vastly inferior, Cutcliff (natural reasoning would assume roper as well) figured out how to move the ball, pretty well against us getting 17 first downs. Total yardage was not really impressive at 304, but that was because there were no YAC on any receptions (something this years team has given up). I know, I know, its crazy to think that duke played well in a 62-13 game. Our offense was great, no doubt. I can assure you though, Duke could move the ball pretty much at will by the third quarter (and yes the starteres were still in because CNS got mad at them for their play).
I was at that game and I remember that. UF will play Alabama better than the first 3 opponents did but JD will be overwhelmed.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.