Georgia's Malcolm Mitchell's greatest accomplishment- great video

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I saw this on my FB feed, and I thought it would be great to share with you. He seems like a really good kid. He realized he had a problem with reading so he did something about it.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
I love stories like this. Here is a guy who made it to college because of his football ability. However, he has taken this opportunity to improve his reading ability and therefore his ability to have a successful academic career, Good for him!

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
My wife showed this to me last night. Unlike many others, he seems like a very talented kid who has his head screwed on straight.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Thank you for sharing this. It is good to see stories like this so we can appreciate the college kids who are doing things the right way.

irNate

1st Team
Nov 19, 2010
Snellville, GA
I've enjoyed harassing my UGA friends about the fact that he got into UGA reading at a middle school level. But all in all its a great story and I'm glad he was able to over come adversity (excluding USCe)

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
This is especially nice to see after all the Ray Rice, Adrian Peterson, and Jameis Winston news. Good on ya Malcolm, you're doing it the right way!

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Thanks for the post. Great story.

I'm happy to say that my job is all about trying to help create and maintain avid read readership
among students from preschool through early high school. Reading is the most important skill!

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I love stories like this. Here is a guy who made it to college because of his football ability. However, he has taken this opportunity to improve his reading ability and therefore his ability to have a successful academic career, Good for him!
It is great to hear those stories, and there are many of them out there. Unfortunately, most of the time we only hear about the bad decisions these kids make. I don't get why people seem to be more interested in negative stories and jack up the ratings for them.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
If I remember correctly we recruited this guy really hard and at one time he was leaning to Bama.This is really a nice story and I'm really happy for this young man.He will be successful in life.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I've enjoyed harassing my UGA friends about the fact that he got into UGA reading at a middle school level. But all in all its a great story and I'm glad he was able to over come adversity (excluding USCe)
That's not unusual with learning disabilities. You can figure out a paragraph without reading every word.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Living in Georgia, the bulldogs are right up there as far as rivals, even though we rarely play them. I avoided clicking this thread for two days because I didn't want to see a football video about a player on a rival team. Now I regret putting it off this long. That was a great story about apparently a great kid. Players like this are the anti- Jameis Winston.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.