Link: Jameis Winston suspended 1st half vs Clemson

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I just saw a clip of him speaking about it. What a complete joke. He is smiling and almost laughing.
I just watched the 'Apology'. He is saying the scripted words but there is that little glimmer in his eyes and ever so slight crack in his stoic expression where a smile is trying to come through.

He doesn't believe a word in that apology and his body language is the same as someone who is lying about something, but to themselves THINK the act of lying AND getting away with it is funny.

ontopp

All-SEC
Jan 31, 2004
Decatur.Alabama
Guys you know he hasn't learned anything,God forgive me of this next time I do something I'll be back too ask for forgiveness again all will be forgiven again! Give me a break!

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
He should have been suspended for a full game. This half a game suspension is a joke and just as much of an embarrassment as Winston is to the Fla St program. Either suspend him for a full game or not at all. Come on Jimbo.
I totally agree with everything you just said.

wsims74

3rd Team
Apr 30, 2013
I
He doesn't believe a word in that apology and his body language is the same as someone who is lying about something, but to themselves THINK the act of lying AND getting away with it is funny.

Wow that is a lot of judgement an insinuation. Listen I am not a fan of Jameis, and I think he is really overated as a QB. The things with the sexual assault brings all sorts of character questions into mind.

But, this was just a stupid 20yr old frat boy moment that is being blown out of proportion because of recent NFL problems. This incident is stupid, but, on its own, doesn't warrant this attention. He should have to run till he pukes everyday this week, imho, and that should be enough. I know, feel free to flame away.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
This is about like AU suspending their QB Newton to "not start" (for being caught with weed), and Les Miles letting his players vote if a starter should be suspended (for assault). It seems about par for the course.....the need for winning trumps everything.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I just saw a clip of him speaking about it. What a complete joke. He is smiling and almost laughing.
I am so glad he went to play for FSU and not for the Crimson Tide.

I'm sure his parents are so proud of the example he is setting at FSU. I guess he is FSU's team leader, leading by example!

BigBama

All-SEC
Oct 13, 1999
This is about like AU suspending their QB Newton to "not start" (for being caught with weed), and Les Miles letting his players vote if a starter should be suspended (for assault). It seems about par for the course.....the need for winning trumps everything.
It's the sad truth. The "Win Now" philosophy has taken over to the point that I question the future of this great sport. Remember when the days between the games were actually about matchups, prognostications, and strategy instead of who did what?

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
Not a flame, but those other things he did do matter. It isn't a "clean" frat boy record, with a regretful moment
Wow that is a lot of judgement an insinuation. Listen I am not a fan of Jameis, and I think he is really overated as a QB. The things with the sexual assault brings all sorts of character questions into mind.

But, this was just a stupid 20yr old frat boy moment that is being blown out of proportion because of recent NFL problems. This incident is stupid, but, on its own, doesn't warrant this attention. He should have to run till he pukes everyday this week, imho, and that should be enough. I know, feel free to flame away.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

If this had been the only thing he had ever done, I'd agree with you that this was a stupid college incident. But everything else points to a character issue with him.

ontopp

All-SEC
Jan 31, 2004
Decatur.Alabama
Why are we making this about a football game.He is representative of college football.Strip him and he can still say he won it but then why isn't your name associated with the Heisman,Then he can explain that later in life.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL

I'm reading his body language which can tell you way more than the words that come out of someone's mouth. The whole incident is as big as it is because he is demonstrating a very negative pattern of behavior. To say what he said is not the shocking part taking into account the 20yr old college party frat boy mentality.....it's saying what he said in such a public fashion in front of female members of the student body in the middle of the day while he is STILL under investigation in the civil courts for RAPE/SEXUAL ASSAULT.

There is only so many times somebody can mess up and apologize before you start to realize they are not REALLY sorry. He's a coddled spoiled entitled athlete and imho has SERIOUS mental problems he needs addressed through therapy because he's is displaying MANY sociopathic traits. I'm not flaming you either.....just explaining why I and many others are disturbed by his actions and lack of remorse.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
You think this reaction is due only to this current act of stupidity?

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

Unfortunately the world just doesn't work this way. As people operate within society we have to earn our "benefit of the doubt" cards. I think JW has used up all the credit on his and simply making him run would be laughable at best. This guy has a pattern of behavior that should have long gotten him kicked off the team. If this kid wouldn't have gotten in any previous trouble then I'd agree. Make him run until he pukes and call it good. But you can't simply ignore his history, recent history at that.

And to be honest, in light of what is going on in the NFL. I'm almost certain the general female populous read what he said and see another football jock with a total lack of respect for women. Another one that will end up in the NFL.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.