Link: Jameis Winston suspended 1st half vs Clemson

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
I don't know if this has been said yet, I haven't got time to read seven pages, but Thank God Blake Sims and maybe Jacob Coker will be lining up at QB for Bama when UF comes to T-town Saturday. Blake has been a respectable football player and student for the last 5 years. He has never gotten into trouble, and has been a model team guy. He has moved positions, sat the bench, and been willing to do whatever necessary to see the team win. We may not win a NC with Blake, but time will tell, and I think we can. At least we don't have a piece of scum like Winston lining up at QB for Bama. I would rather not win as big for a year or two, and have a quality guy representing the university and football programs. Coker is the same way. He has been a great teammate from all accounts. He has worked hard since arriving, and he has not caused problems in the locker room when things haven't gone his way. I cheer for both these guys because they have presented themselves well. There will not be anyone pulling for Clemson harder than me Saturday.

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
"The Heisman Memorial Trophy annually recognizes the outstanding college football player whose performance best exhibits the pursuit of excellence with integrity...." It would be one thing if the Heisman Trust wasn't aware of issues with Winston prior to the award last year giving them pause, but as we all know...They were and he still won.
I sincerely hope they have learned their lesson and at least begin restoring the integrity part back to the award in the coming years.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I don't know if this has been said yet, I haven't got time to read seven pages, but Thank God Blake Sims and maybe Jacob Coker will be lining up at QB for Bama when UF comes to T-town Saturday. Blake has been a respectable football player and student for the last 5 years. He has never gotten into trouble, and has been a model team guy. He has moved positions, sat the bench, and been willing to do whatever necessary to see the team win. We may not win a NC with Blake, but time will tell, and I think we can. At least we don't have a piece of scum like Winston lining up at QB for Bama. I would rather not win as big for a year or two, and have a quality guy representing the university and football programs. Coker is the same way. He has been a great teammate from all accounts. He has worked hard since arriving, and he has not caused problems in the locker room when things haven't gone his way. I cheer for both these guys because they have presented themselves well. There will not be anyone pulling for Clemson harder than me Saturday.
I agree! I was thinking the same thing.

CrimsonPride

1st Team
Dec 9, 2001
Chattanooga, TN
So the last two Heisman winners were freshmen. Neither could handle the spotlight. Maybe the Heisman committee will "dismiss" candidates who are not at least sophomores.
What people seem to forget is that Jameis and Manziel were both redshirt freshmen. They had been on campus and on their football teams for two years when they won the Heisman. They were sophomores as students, just not in regards to athletic eligibility. Ingram and Tebow were sophomore Heisman winners that were able to handle the spotlight. IIRC, Mark was also the youngest winner. One could argue, who would be in the spotlight more than Bama's first Heisman trophy winner? I don't think age is the major issue but more to do with how the person was raised...were they taught respect, accountability, and that there are consequences for every actions?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
I'm with her. I am not a "me" person. Winston said. Well all right that cleared that up. :rolleyes: I really do believe he is not all there mentally. As an aside, Clemson will get drilled.
That's the comment that dumbfounded me. Not a "me" person. Last year, my wife and I started a game where we would each guess the number of times Winston says "I," "me," or "my" when he speaks on TV. I think it was 15 or 16 today (only watched it once) but it wasn't a record for him, either.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I guess my question would be how does someone become a college aged individual and not know these comments are vulgar and offensive? Also, why would he feel the need to make that statement on top of a table in a public setting?
This guy has a warped view of women and doesn't care what anyone else thinks about it.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Does Clemson have any hockey goon type defensive players they can save for the 2nd half?

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Now we get to hear this brought up during our game because Coker is here and not at FSU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bamanooga

1st Team
Sep 7, 2008
Signal Mountain, TN
Maybe I missed it in the link, but it said that the FSU president and athletic director were the two who handed the half-game suspension down, not Jimbo. I'd read from another thread that Jimbo was a supporter of Shameis, even saying there was a misunderstanding about the stolen crab legs (although the Publix video shows he stole them).

After gushing over him for more than a year, ESPN is finally getting fed up. Cowherd said that Winston is "a trainwreck." He said words to the effect that he wouldn't hire him if he owned an NFL team.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Maybe I missed it in the link, but it said that the FSU president and athletic director were the two who handed the half-game suspension down, not Jimbo. I'd read from another thread that Jimbo was a supporter of Shameis, even saying there was a misunderstanding about the stolen crab legs (although the Publix video shows he stole them).
I don't appreciate your scepticism. Jimbo, a man of great honor and character if ever there was one, said that Rapeis was being mobbed in the store and simply forgot to pay because of all of the commotion. The video clearly backs up this completely plausbile story.

Last edited:

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I can't believe that is the first time I have seen that video. No misunderstanding...he outright stole it. Probably in the back of his mind said "they owe me this, it is the least they can do for me winning them the NC".

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
I don't appreciate your scepticism. Jimbo, a man of great honor and character if ever there was one, said that Rapeis was being mobbed in the store and simply forgot to pay because of all of the commotion. The video clearly backs up this completely plausbile story.
The only conversation it seems he had was initiated by King Crablegs himself when he walked in the store.

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina

Transcript of Jameis Winston's PC

What he has seen on Clemson:
"They're a good team again. When you're playing those ACC competitors, especially in a rivalry game in this conference. We're going to go out there and do what we need to do."

How big of a difference will you not playing make?
"You know you have to overcome adversity, and that's one thing at Florida State that we do. We work on overcoming adversity. When I do get my opportunity to play, I'm going to do everything I can because I have to accept it. That's going to eat me up because I want to be out there on the field, know what I'm saying? I want to be out on the field with my team, but I did something so I have to accept the consequences. I'm going to apologize to my team. We're not going to think about that, because we don't think about negative things. We're going to think about moving forward and winning the game."
What differences do you see between this Clemson team and last year's?

"The difference is that they have some different players. But ... our opponent has no face. Obviously they have a great team, but if we play Florida State football, we have a good chance of winning this game."

Do you feel like you've taken a step back in maturity?
Sports Information cut off question.

What's your confidence level in Sean Maguire?

"Sean's going to do great. I just texted Sean a little while ago, because me and Sean are going to get some quality film work after practice because I know I made a mistake, I messed up. I have to accept the fact that I did that. Like I said, it eats me alive that I did something like that. I can't carry myself that way. Me and Sean, we're going to watch film, we're going to do what we do, and I'm going to try my best to put our team in a good chance to win this game. I know they've got my back."

Have the tables turned with Clemson from last year?
"We always come into a game with a chip on our shoulder because we know everybody is out to beat us. We're Florida State, we're the defending champions but at the end of the day, we have to play Florida State football to be successful. This is a team, and just like anybody else on our schedule, they're going to come out and play their best game and we have to bring it."

Can you talk about the development of your wide receivers?

"I believe our young guys, that's a trait that our young guys have: they're game guys. Obviously we have to build our practice habits and we have to do things to develop them into being all around players, but I believe they're going to do a great job of stepping up to the plate and having a great game."

How have you seen Sean develop?

"Since me and Sean have been together, we came in in the same class and he's been working his tail off. I respect Sean, the team around him respects Sean, and Sean's going to do a great job. I'm going to make sure that he does a great job because me and him are going to go to work."

What has the defensive scout team done to help the offense's preparation?

"I had a meeting with the defensive scout team and I said, 'Guys, y'all are playing for a job opportunity.' We have some guys over there that are pretty good players. So we asked them to give us a look that they would want to be given if they were on the offensive side of the ball. I respect them a lot. Those guys don't have to do that. They come out there and work their butt off all day, do the exact same thing that we do, but at the end of the day, they know they're probably not going to play in the game. So that's why when we go out there and play, we try to win big so they can get an opportunity to show how hard they've worked throughout the whole season in practice."

Will the team need to establish the running game to take the pressure off of Sean?

"No, we're going to play Florida State football. Because Sean is a great quarterback and that's why Coach Fisher recruited him."

The Clemson game last year was your biggest game ... did you tell anything to Sean about dealing with that?

"Well, he was there last year. Obviously he didn't get the opportunity to go out there and play, but I guarantee you Sean is hungry. He wants this opportunity and god has blessed him, he put him out there and he's going to take advantage of the opportunity. But it's not about Sean, it's about us as a team. We're Florida State. One person can't change no game or no outcome. I can't go out there and win a football game. Florida State is going to win a football game. ... I have to tone it down. I have to. And that's all in the media, everything. But Florida State is going to play Florida State football, no one person is going to win a football game, we're a great football team, Sean's going to go out there and do what he has to do, our running backs are going to do what they have to do, our offensive linemen are going to go out and we're going to win the football game."

Some Clemson players complained Tuesday about comments you made in the spring about Clemson's stadium being "Our House." Are you concerned that you motivated them?

"That was just me having fun with my baseball teammates. I actually was playing baseball at Clemson, so that was a joke inside us. The next day I went out to eat with Chad Kelly, the Clemson quarterback at the time. I have some friends on the Clemson football team. That was a joke in between us players, but some things get blown out of proportion and make it seem like a bigger deal than what it was. It's actually a competitive atmosphere. That's what you want, man. We need more football players that want to compete. If Clemson isn't going to come here and compete, we're not going to play them. If we don't go out and compete, there's no reason for Clemson to want to play us. It's all a competitive atmosphere. What I did yesterday, that was a selfish act. But that was about competitiveness, because I'm a football player and I compete."

mulletover

All-SEC
Dec 1, 2009
Cullman Alabama
I really do try and not judge others or talk trash about someone. But Jameis Winston truly gets under my skin and lays eggs. He's the one and only true "glory boy" he is glorious in his own mind. The rest of us see him for what he is. If he does make an NFL team his omnipotence will become even more intolerable. No way my kids wear his team jersey, ever!

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
That whole text of his PC would be an affront to me if I were his teammate. I thought his comments about the scout team and backup QB not getting to play unless it was a blowout while true is not something you really want highlight. Comments like just further divide the team between the haves and havenots. This guy is a tool.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.