Link: Jameis Winston suspended 1st half vs Clemson

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
Honesly, I'm hoping FSU pulls ahead with a decent lead in the first half, only to lose it in the 2nd when JW is on the field... I may hate orange, but GO CLEMSON!!!

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
What a class act....the more he does the more I look toward Heaven and thank God once again that we didn't get him to come to Bama..
I wonder how hard Nick recruited this kid , since he is from Hueytown, I bet we had all the info we needed on him. I dont recall it being a big thing that he went to fsu.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I never did hear the whole story on Winston's parent and Saban.... I heard little this and that... Can someone shed light on this please?
I wonder how hard Nick recruited this kid , since he is from Hueytown, I bet we had all the info we needed on him. I dont recall it being a big thing that he went to fsu.

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
I never did hear the whole story on Winston's parent and Saban.... I heard little this and that... Can someone shed light on this please?
I seem to recall the dad having a hang up about "Alabama's history playing black QB's." I'm sure this was used against us by Dameyune Craig. He recruited Winston for F$U.

Last edited:

Tider@GW_Law

All-American
Sep 16, 2007
Sacramento, CA
That whole text of his PC would be an affront to me if I were his teammate. I thought his comments about the scout team and backup QB not getting to play unless it was a blowout while true is not something you really want highlight. Comments like just further divide the team between the haves and havenots. This guy is a tool.
I also couldn't help but notice that he just had to wear a big gold chain outside of his shirt to do the press conference while expressing how humble and selfless he truly is. Again, I agree with others here that he is borderline sociopath.

I found Todd McShay's comments on ESPN yesterday very interesting. He said he had spoken with a couple NFL teams who said they looked into some of Winston's reported transgressions from recruiting trips and his freshman year, and what they found was very concerning, such that they would prefer to trade a top 5 pick in the draft if Jameis was the obvious choice at that pick.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I also couldn't help but notice that he just had to wear a big gold chain outside of his shirt to do the press conference while expressing how humble and selfless he truly is. Again, I agree with others here that he is borderline sociopath.

I found Todd McShay's comments on ESPN yesterday very interesting. He said he had spoken with a couple NFL teams who said they looked into some of Winston's reported transgressions from recruiting trips and his freshman year, and what they found was very concerning, such that they would prefer to trade a top 5 pick in the draft if Jameis was the obvious choice at that pick.
it'll be interesting to see how this plays out this season. this has self-destruct written all over it.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Im sure a lot of teams feel that way, but I can just about guarantee you some team will take him top 5 despite his issues. That's assuming he doesn't do something even worse than he's already done. Which is certainly possible.

major tidefan

All-American
Jul 3, 2006
Boaz,AL
Jason Sehorn just said on cfb daily that nothing Winston had done was that big of a deal!He's just a kid,the class clown.Wow,just wow.

Last edited:

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Mel Kiper: "At a time when NFL teams are going to be more sensitive than they ever have been about the off-field actions of their players -- and rightfully so -- Winston has reached a point with these issues where my sense is that a number of teams would have pulled him off the board if the draft were held tomorrow. It's that simple."

Thanks bamagrad for sharing.

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
Mel Kiper: "At a time when NFL teams are going to be more sensitive than they ever have been about the off-field actions of their players -- and rightfully so -- Winston has reached a point with these issues where my sense is that a number of teams would have pulled him off the board if the draft were held tomorrow. It's that simple."

Thanks bamagrad for sharing.
Bad time to be a fool if you have NFL aspirations.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
The legal and social ramifications of his actions aside, Jameis is costing himself millions. With his smile and outgoing personality he was sure to sign huge endorsements deals. Now most fortune 500 companies won't touch him for years.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Another point. Suspsnsion for a half may be worse than no suspension. Jameis has the opportunity to come in after the half, lead FSU to a win, and add to his stature, legend and ego. No lesson learned. His thought process will be that he pulled his team through adversity,with little thought that he created it.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I was listening to Sirius radio today and there was conflict.
Tim Brando was saying he was "appalled" that Fisher only gave Winston a half game suspension, which kinda surprised me.
A writer from FOX Sports made a pretty good argument about Fisher's approach, saying his lack of a stronger suspension will only hurt Winston in the long run.
He basically said, "If he sits Winston for only the first half and they're behind at halftime, he's not punishing him, he's going to make him feel like a hero. First, the crowd will give him a standing ovation when he goes into the huddle to start the second half. Then, if he leads a comeback, they're going to go into a frenzy. At that point, he may feel like he can do whatever the heck he wants to, with no regards for any rules at all. That will cost him greatly as he moves forward in his career and his life".
Meanwhile, Coach Fisher said, "You have to treat these players like they're your kids. Just because they make a mistake you don't kick them out the door".
My first thought was, "You self serving, gutless whatever".
I think most would agree, if Winston was a back up corner, he'd be gone in a heartbeat, and Fisher would give him the key to the door.
sip

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Jason Sehorn was disgusting in his defense of Winston earlier today too on EspnU. I couldn't believe it...he was the using the 'he's just a KID making mistakes and he will learn from them' excuse. The other guy on the show was just as shocked as I was... Sehorn is a buffoon if he thinks Crablegs ever learns anything other than it's ok to behave wrong because he will get off totally free.

major tidefan

All-American
Jul 3, 2006
Boaz,AL
Jason Sehorn was disgusting in his defense of Winston earlier today too on EspnU. I couldn't believe it...he was the using the 'he's just a KID making mistakes and he will learn from them' excuse. The other guy on the show was just as shocked as I was... Sehorn is a buffoon if he thinks Crablegs ever learns anything other than it's ok to behave wrong because he will get off totally free.
Mike Golic was almost as clueless as Sehorn.What was Angie Harmon thinking?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.