Link: Jameis Winston suspended 1st half vs Clemson

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
What I get tired of is people trying to excuse actions like this as "Oh, it's just a young college kid doing a stupid thing". NO, it's an idiot who needed his butt kicked growing up. Quit trying to justify what these IDIOTS do.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I can't believe that is the first time I have seen that video. No misunderstanding...he outright stole it. Probably in the back of his mind said "they owe me this, it is the least they can do for me winning them the NC".
That's the first time I've seen it too and just WOW. He straight walked in grabbed the crablegs (skipped others in line at the seafood counter too mind you) walked around aimlessly and then walked out. No register line, no bagging of items, just flat shoplifted.

I've never much cared about FSU one way or the other but the way they have allowed this culture and his specific behavior to go pretty much unchecked makes me have AU level of disdain. Heck I can't believe I'm about to say this but I'm not sure even AU is as bad as FSU.

I'm going to be a HUGE Clemson fan Saturday.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
I see Jameis Bieber got suspended for a WHOLE half of a game. That's what I call "bringing the hammer down". Praise be to Jimbo Fisher.

Sarcasm aside, if FSU was playing a cupcake this week JW would have sit for the whole game, but since they are facing a half-decent Clemson, of course he will play. Some university have sold out their souls to win and FSU is one of those soulless schools.

He'll be the NFL's problem soon enough. Any NFL team dumb enough to draft Winston in the first round, will deserve everything that is coming to them.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
I didn't read all the pages in this thread - apologies if already said - I am SO thankful this numbskull did not come to Alabama. Winning football games simply is not THIS important. .

Fortunately, our program has won plenty of games and even championships. We are not as desperate as some.

Dream scenario for Criminoles v Clemson: Game tied at half. Both teams playing well. Shameis throws four or five picks in second half allowing Clemson to win easily. On last interception, JW gets run over by roughly half of the Clemson defense, knocking him even more senseless. While in hospital, someone steals his National Championship ring and he gets violently ill from a diet of crablegs.

Last edited:

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I remember FSU joined the ACC instead of the SEC because they didn't want to be a part of the "knucklehead" conference. The ACC had (said FSU) better acacemic standards. Well, it appears behavior doesn't count for much in the ACC.

major tidefan

All-American
Jul 3, 2006
Boaz,AL
Listening to Mike and Mike,they're just chalking this up to youthful indiscretions.They think a half a game is plenty enough punishment.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Someone needs to ask Hannah Storm, "Hannah, is there a reason ESPN glossed over Winston's rape allegations over the past year or so in light of the current crackdown in the NFL?"

That would be enough to get the ball rolling.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Someone needs to ask Hannah Storm, "Hannah, is there a reason ESPN glossed over Winston's rape allegations over the past year or so in light of the current crackdown in the NFL?"

That would be enough to get the ball rolling.
I would also like to hear Storm's thoughts on the choice of words Winston used in his little outburst on the student union table.

Coach25

1st Team
Sep 1, 2014
The FSU fan base should be ashamed of not just Winston, but coaching staff and fans. They are attacking people who tweeted what Winston said and saying they don't deserve to come to FSU games, calling them snitches, as well as other disgraceful tweets. You want to know the one person they are not blaming? Winston. That's why he is who he is. He is above others, teammates, rules, and even laws in Tallahassee. I forget the former nfl player that said this but is so true. He said he is so glad that there wasn't twitter and picture phones because of all the dumb stuff he did. At the same time he said he was smart enough not to do his dumbest stuff in front of any crowd. He also said that he was smart enough that if he did live in a time of smart phones, that he would have been a lot more aware of his actions. I tend to agree with him. How can you not be smart enough to know everyone is watching, waiting to tweet it, etc. I think Winston knows this. I just don't think he cares. He has not been held truly responsible for any of his actions. So why should he care. As long as he wins FSU is not going to care and is not going to sit him for more than a half. If this wasn't in the student union building, there wouldn't have been any suspension. With their attitudes FSU will be on probation within 5 years. Younger kids watch Winston and think it's ok. What will the future 5 stars at FSU do? Only time will tell.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The FSU fan base should be ashamed of not just Winston, but coaching staff and fans. They are attacking people who tweeted what Winston said and saying they don't deserve to come to FSU games, calling them snitches, as well as other disgraceful tweets. You want to know the one person they are not blaming? Winston.
Most anyone who grew up in FL can tell you this is just par for the course...

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Don't worry if Clemson wins, the National Championship committee can take into account Rapeis was out for the half the game. :rolleyes:

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Most anyone who grew up in FL can tell you this is just par for the course...
Unfortunately, it's not just par for the course in Florida. I'd like to think Alabama would be different, I know I'd be different. I never had the ability to overlook what people like Michael Jackson, Roman Polanski, etc... did. But, many people have some crossed wires that allows them to overlook despicable acts if they happen to like some other part. While on a lower level of evil, the Ray Rice incident also ended up tied into the Chris Brown incident, in which so many people managed to forgive his bashing a woman's face into a curb. I can't fathom this, and in my own life I've been unforgiving of far less.

Anyway, the Penn State incident, and their alarmingly rapid forgiveness kept reminding me of the Winston case. How many parallels are there? Winston's alleged rape, was apparently covered up. There's no other explanation for such bumbling ineptness. Why? Apparently for the same reason that Sandusky was allowed to continue his acts for years. All for the glory of the football team. It should come as no surprise at all them, to see both fanbases act in such a manner. If the football program acts that way, and the people in control of the program act that way, and the police supposedly charged with protecting the innocent act that way, then it's predictable that the fans act in such a manner.

I just wish there would be real, meaningful consequences. Penn State's punishment was so light, that their inadequate punishment worked out to around one game of punishment for each child raped. FSU didn't even bother to follow Title IX when it came to Winston and that certainly was par for the course...

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.