Link: Jameis Winston suspended 1st half vs Clemson

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Isn't exhibiting character part of the reason for winning the Heisman Trophy. Are they letting you win it for being a character instead of exhibiting that trait or characteristic?

I'm sure he will win it again.

AV8N

1st Team
Sep 18, 2013
Unfortunately the world just doesn't work this way. As people operate within society we have to earn our "benefit of the doubt" cards. I think JW has used up all the credit on his and simply making him run would be laughable at best. This guy has a pattern of behavior that should have long gotten him kicked off the team. If this the kid wouldn't have gotten in any previous trouble then I'd agree. Make him run until he pukes and call it good. But you can't simply ignore his history, recent history at that.

And to be honest, in light of what is going on in the NFL. I'm almost certain the general female populous read what he said and see another football jock with a total lack of respect for women. Another one that will end up in the NFL.
Judging by the number of women reported to be wearing #27 jerseys at the Ravens game last Sunday, I'd say people can be quite forgiving.

Still, I'd like his punishment to include apologizing to a room full of rape survivors. For bonus points, let him also repeat the offending phrase to his grandmother's Sunday school class and ask for their forgiveness.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Wow that is a lot of judgement an insinuation. Listen I am not a fan of Jameis, and I think he is really overated as a QB. The things with the sexual assault brings all sorts of character questions into mind.

But, this was just a stupid 20yr old frat boy moment that is being blown out of proportion because of recent NFL problems. This incident is stupid, but, on its own, doesn't warrant this attention. He should have to run till he pukes everyday this week, imho, and that should be enough. I know, feel free to flame away.

He is a little different from other 20 year olds. He is the face of FSU football. He is making FSU look like a joke..time and time again. I am sure his teammates really appreciate him doing all these things.

But honestly, I don't think anyone no matter the age should say something like that. It was completely vulgar, and if my child said that...I would be completely disappointed in him.

deltatider

1st Team
Nov 29, 2005
I am so glad he went to play for FSU and not for the Crimson Tide.

I'm sure his parents are so proud of the example he is setting at FSU. I guess he is FSU's team leader, leading by example!
I'm of the mind that his parents are part of the problem. If I recall correctly either Jameis, or his parents we quite disrespecful to some of the coaches (including Saban) during their recruiting visits. I can't remember where I read it, but it seems like I recall JW falling asleep during some of the in home visits. In the article I read his dad justified by saying that was a way for them to test the coaches. I may have mixed up the facts a bit, but I seem to recall something along those lines. But 1 thing is for certain, that boy needs to take Decision Making 101 ASAP!

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Judging by the number of women reported to be wearing #27 jerseys at the Ravens game last Sunday, I'd say people can be quite forgiving.

Still, I'd like his punishment to include apologizing to a room full of rape survivors. For bonus points, let him also repeat the offending phrase to his grandmother's Sunday school class and ask for their forgiveness.
You're talking about an extremely small minority. I'd venture to say the overwhelming majority of women had a problem with what he did.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
He is so wrong on so many moral fronts....

But that dude is also wasting away the opportunity to make boatloads of money in the NFL. What team would take the financial and PR risk on him right now???

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Someone took Johnny Football.....
I have no doubt someone will take him. But I also have to consider that with these recent events of domestic violence and the NFL's trying to get back in good graces with the public perception. That the landscape may be about to change for those coming into the NFL. Winston's comments, though probably very common on a college campus by college guys. When put up on a screen and shown to the public to digest might not be taken as "Just college guys being guys."

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I have no doubt someone will take him. But I also have to consider that with these recent events of domestic violence and the NFL's trying to get back in good graces with the public perception. That the landscape may be about to change for those coming into the NFL. Winston's comments, though probably very common on a college campus by college guys. When put up on a screen and shown to the public to digest might not be taken as "Just college guys being guys."
I hope you are right about the NFL. With all the public support of Ray Rice in Baltimore before last Thursday night's game it's hard to tell. We'll know before JW gets drafted.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I hope you are right about the NFL. With all the public support of Ray Rice in Baltimore before last Thursday night's game it's hard to tell. We'll know before JW gets drafted.
I didn't see the post above mine that addressed the same issue. I hope it's a small minority.

BamaBrass

Suspended
Feb 14, 2004
Ringgold, GA
So the last two Heisman winners were freshmen. Neither could handle the spotlight. Maybe the Heisman committee will "dismiss" candidates who are not at least sophomores.

BigBama

All-SEC
Oct 13, 1999
Good points Bamabuzzard. This certainly isn't the time to be labeled as a "ethical risk" by the NFL draftboards.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Something we have to look forward to, ya'll. On Saturday night's game, all during the 1st Half, we get to see ABC's cameras break away to Rapeis Riding The Pine. Every. Single. Play.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
Can Jameis please stay out of the spotlight and chill? Man already won't be going to New York again. Like I said, every negative thing he does makes national attention. Even though he's never been charged with anything...

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Jameis makes Johnny Football look like a Choir Boy and Micheal Vick look like an animal rescue worker.

The NFL draft interview process will be a new animal after all this domestic violence stuff. JW isn't exactly making himself look like a very good investment right now.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.