Link: Jameis Winston suspended 1st half vs Clemson

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Wow, this has broad implications.

First, I think the backdrop for this is that Jimbo has been getting on to Winston on the sideline lately. Jimbo might (finally) be getting fed up, or someone is getting fed up. Beyond this year, I think Winston might see the writing on the wall and go ahead and leave after this season.

But, it's long overdue. The moron on ESPN actually brought up the idea that this punishment might be too much. Too much? After all the stuff he's done? He's lucky not to be in jail right now, this act was basically violating probation. The punishment was certainly deserved.

Finally, this does bring the Clemson game into question. But, come on, Georgia demolished them. I think this situation does more to jeopardize FSU's season down the road than it's likely to cost them a win now.

Bamaboda1

Suspended
Sep 1, 2006
Kathleen, GA
The way the NFL is handling current off the field issues (Domestic / child abuse) I'll bet they can't wait for Jameis. They may need to hire an additional PR firm to keep him out of the media.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
In yet another example of FSU being pretty much bone-stupid, they

1. Announce the suspension.
2. Bring Winston out as part of the weekly presser.
3. Get ticked off and threaten to end the presser because Winston keeps getting asked about the suspension.

What did they think was going to happen?

Last edited:

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
So, if Florida st loses to Clemson, do they get a pass from the selection committee because they were without their best player for a half?

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
So, if Florida st loses to Clemson, do they get a pass from the selection committee because they were without their best player for a half?
Unfortunately, that is an excellent question. There is so much we the fans and I am guessing coaches don't know about this year.

Gibson09

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 5, 2010
Anyone find it strange that if Coker had stayed at FSU he would have more playing time this weekend....

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I have come to the conclusion Winston is an idiot. I am sooooo glad we didn't get him.

And yes I've thought this for a while now.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins

Winston's comments:

Winston apologized for the incident at a press conference. He called his behavior a "selfish act" and added: "It's eats me alive that I did something like that."
What's the big deal? It's not like he vandalized private property....

uh,
What's the big deal, it's not like he stole anything...

uh,
What's the big deal, it's not like he raped someone...

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I'm shocked that Jimbo lifted a finger re: Rapeis. I can't help but wonder if this comes from someone 'upstream'...
In the other thread I said it was "damage control." Should have been the whole game IMO, but really the FSU admin was forced to do something in light of the current NFL scandle.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.