Link: Officials Turning Eyes On Ineligible Man Down Field Penalty(Uses Bama As An Example)

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
It ticks me off they use us as an example when The Barn & other teams did the exact same thing to us last year & we were complaining about..Where were these idiots at then???..The hell with 'Em is all I can say..I do wish the officials had called penalties last year when The Barn did this many times & there wouldn't be a problem with it today..

Here's The Link..CLICK ME

HMM

All-SEC
Sep 1, 2007
I'd be extremely happy if they started flagging EVERYONE for it, including us.

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
Call them all. I have no problem being used as an example as long as it helps push the refs in the right direction. Now that it has been pointed out that Bama has done it this could be the most called penalty all year!

Heck, he is so far downfield that the ref can't see him :) I am sure they checked to make sure he was not actually declared before they published their story.

Last edited:

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
Call them all. I have no problem being used as an example as long as it helps push the refs in the right direction. Now that it has been pointed out that Bama has done it this could be the most called penalty all year!

Heck, he is so far downfield that the ref can't see him :) I am sure they checked to make sure he was not actually declared before they published their story.
agreed, if it takes the greatest program in history to make them notice, so be it.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I agree 100% with y'all..The Barn & Oregon both are guilty of doing this every game as well..I reckon it's a trait of these HUNH spread offense..And your're exactly right about Oregon's uniforms CoastGhost..The refs are blinded by those shiny helmets..The glare from the stadium lights has the be awful on the field..LOL
Oregon is guilty on almost every play.
Not to mention illegal motion.
Hard to blame the refs for that with those disco mirror ball uniforms.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
What ticks me off is when a hunh team has the ball the refs will run quick as possible to the los and put the ball in play but the other team does not get the same hurry up from the refs. If you do it for one team do it for both, if the refs get tired they will slow it down.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
I feel confident that if they make this a "point of emphasis" it will benefit us more than hurt us. We are getting the visibility and when that happens you are used as an example. Bugs me a little, but I'd rather be in the hunt and scrutinized than not. ;)

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Wow. I thought Kelly was up field pretty quick after the catch, but dang that was an egregious miss.

Pretty ironic that someone would use an Alabama play as an example when he could probably make a book of cutups off the first quarter of any HUNH team's violations of this rule. But then again, Kelly was breaking the rule so bad it made an easy example.

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A
I remember that play. #77 was lined up as a wide receiver, just like we apparently have decided that Jalston Fowler is half split end.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.