Question: What new wrinkles and types of plays do you expect this weekend?

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

deltatider

1st Team
Nov 29, 2005
I've been wondering if we might see a few more designed QB runs early in the game. If ran effectively it can give the defense something to think about and play and make them think a bit more before they react. It seems like when a D has to worry about the QB running, other things seem to open up a bit. While accuracy may not be Blake's strong point, his running ability could help open things up for him in the passing game and give him larger windows to throw into.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
This may be a dumb question & I apologize if it is..What would y'all call our offense when go hurry up & no huddle, if it's not a HUNH offense or is more like our 2 min drill offense when we run it & simply have used it the 1st couple of game..
I agree that Sims (and the rest of the offense) seems much more comfortable in the no-huddle, but don't confuse it too much with a HUNH. The goal seems to be to get to the line of scrimmage quicker and give Blake more time to look over the defense as opposed to getting the play off as quickly as possible. Oddly enough, the no-huddle seems to allow him to not rush to get the plays off.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
I don't think we will see any new wrinkles for this game. We have seen a fair amount of flexibility from this offense over three games but they haven't used it all against any one opponent. I think Florida will get a little bit of everything they have shown thus far and they will get more of what works. Execution is the key to offense not necessarily surprise. Heck Auburn ran about 4 plays last year and nearly won the big one.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.