Question: What new wrinkles and types of plays do you expect this weekend?

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
I wanted to poll the audience on this one. I think we see some read option and possibly some straight option out of the shotgun. The read option made an appearance last week, and their were practice reports of the QB's running the option with the RB's during a media viewing period. Defensively I think we see some corner blitzes especially with Collins lining up near the line of scrimmage alot.

chalkpit

Suspended
May 31, 2012
More "sec play" defense packages and more tight end and roll out offensive play calling. I was glad to see some sweep and toss sweep running plays last weekend, hopefully that will continue. It seems like those 2 plays "open up the field" a little more as the game goes on.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Emphasis early on read option, I formation power with 2 tights, 88 over the middle off play action, 45 in the flat and a heavy dose of passing to Coop in the 3rd.

Jordan54

1st Team
Aug 20, 2007
Gardendale, Al
I liked the toss sweep being used in the last game. I think we'll see more. However, we've got to keep getting Cooper the ball. I don't see anyone stopping him.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I think we'll enlist the services of the tight ends and receivers not wearing number 9.
BUT, I could be wrong. If what we've been doing keeps working, I don't see us changing it.
We'll see.
sip

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I liked the toss sweep being used in the last game. I think we'll see more. However, we've got to keep getting Cooper the ball. I don't see anyone stopping him.
I think the toss sweep is one of the most beautiful plays in football. I love how the running back with great vision can see the lane open up and sprint to and through the hole!!!

I'm seeing Bobby Humphrey running it right now against UT in the 80's!!!

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I wanted to poll the audience on this one. I think we see some read option and possibly some straight option out of the shotgun. The read option made an appearance last week, and their were practice reports of the QB's running the option with the RB's during a media viewing period. Defensively I think we see some corner blitzes especially with Collins lining up near the line of scrimmage alot.
I don't know if I'm a big fan of running the option just every now and then. Unless it is practiced and run flawlessly it can result in some pretty negative plays...especially fumbles.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I don't know if I'm a big fan of running the option just every now and then. Unless it is practiced and run flawlessly it can result in some pretty negative plays...especially fumbles.
The zone-read is what the media saw, not the triple option.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
The zone-read is what the media saw, not the triple option.
Oh, I thought the OP was referring to the read option and also the triple option or somekind of qb/running back pitch option, which takes lots of practice and excellent timing and spacing.

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
I don't see anymore change than usual as you game plan for a different team. Maybe more 2 tight-end for the running game and play action. UF is definitely going to try to affect Sims and stop Cooper...So the ball will need/have to be spread around more. I hope our OL can make the difference and establish a strong running game and get some long runs as well.

BubbaOne

Scout Team
Jun 27, 2007
Tucker, GA
Might not have to actually run it but if Blake would just line in the Bone I guarantee the defense would call time out just to adjust. I still think the old bone would work today and we have the RB's to work it. Blake has run so much would be nice to incorporate the flea flicker to allow our WR to get open for an easy one. Take Blake out center the ball direct to the RB allowing an extra blocker against the stacked line.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
No matter what plays we run against The Gators..I sure hope we play in our HUNH style of offense that Blake has ran to perfection the 1st couple of games this year..I just watched the replay of our game against S Miss & the 1st half we went back to the slowed down huddle up after each play, and we looked really confused in the 1st half lot at times, then the 1st drive of the 2nd half, we went back to the HUNH offense, that we ran the 1st 2 games of the year with Blake running our offense & we went straight down the field in a dominating kinda way without any confusing at all..Our offense & Blake looks so much better when we go to the HUNH style of play on offense..If Blake is going to be our starter..Then we need to run the HUNH style of offense with Blake..Cause our offense is as explosive as any offense in the country when we run that style of offense..And Coach Kiffin seems more comfortable calling plays when he has to have the play called really quickly..JMHO

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.