Barn CB Jermaine Whitehead suspended for KSU game

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Maybe I am missing something; if I am, someone correct me (like I need to ask). I think this situation is unique inasmuch as a player is getting into it with a coach. Since it happened at practice, I haven't heard the details, but it seems simple enough to sit him for a game, and I would expect any coach at any level to do the same thing.
What has happened at FSU is different; probably worse, actually, but that's qualifying bad behavior which is a fool's errand. I think if JW had gotten in a coach's face he'd be sitting for a game as well. JMO

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I've always liked Gus as a coach, because he's real good coach with strong values. I love the fact He's having a personal success as a coach, just on a wrong team though. I think he's almost up at the top with other... Notice I said almost, because he needs to prove this season is not a fluke to be compared with others. If Jimbo had suspended Winston for the whole game, then we wouldn't be questioning his credibility. Gus, he does the right thing.

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
Maybe I am missing something; if I am, someone correct me (like I need to ask). I think this situation is unique inasmuch as a player is getting into it with a coach. Since it happened at practice, I haven't heard the details, but it seems simple enough to sit him for a game, and I would expect any coach at any level to do the same thing.
What has happened at FSU is different; probably worse, actually, but that's qualifying bad behavior which is a fool's errand. I think if JW had gotten in a coach's face he'd be sitting for a game as well. JMO

What leads you to believe this??? Fisher seems to be JW's tool to me...

gymcoach

1st Team
Dec 6, 2006
You guys are killing with the Gus lovefeast. You are praising a guy who suspended his star QB for one half for doing something illegal. I don't see the difference in what he did with his QB and the discipline for Winston. They are both repeat offenders, only difference is one stole from his teammates at another school and another stole from a Publix. So why praise him for suspending a DB that got into it with a coach or supposedly did, and forget about his lack of discipline with his law breaking QB?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
You guys are killing with the Gus lovefeast.
I assume you meant 'fest'.

And actually acknowledging that the coach appears to be trying to do the right thing needs to happen more often. Other teams are often critical of how CNS has handled in-house punishments, yet most of us know the player isn't getting off easily.

sabanball

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
High Cotton
Let me make sure I have this right...

Possession of weed (less than ounce I am reminded by the au fans in the office) gets you a half game suspension.

Disrespecting a coach gets you a full game suspension.

Got it. :rolleye2:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Let me make sure I have this right...

Possession of weed (less than ounce I am reminded by the au fans in the office) gets you a half game suspension.

Disrespecting a coach gets you a full game suspension.

Got it. :rolleye2:
how do you think gus came up with his offense? ;)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.