Game Thread: Barn vs. Kansas State (was, CFN article)

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Re: CFN Barn vs. Kansas State

Barn secondary just took a hit, so this might get interesting. Every time I pick the barn to lose, they win, so I'm going...
Barn 49
KS 45

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

Man , KSU wins, I can hear Stoops now 'See, I told you so.'. I wanted Tennessee to win last week, and it would hurt a lot if a Mid tier Big 12 beats a top tier SEC team. But I just can't do it. Let's go fighting Snyders!!!!

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I think there will be an upset because of Kansas Wildcat formations. You never know who's going to be running it because their main guy is the QB. The QB doesn't leave the formation, so he's right there. They're capable of doing read options plays.... This should be well battle game, and i think it'll come down to a field goal test.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000

I'd gladly swap a barn loss for the eternal yapping chihuahua from Norman to yip and yap some more.

However, I'm afraid we're in for a thrice-tipped intercepted pass to be returned 109 yards for a barn TD, a couple of fumbles grabbed out of mid-air and a unicorn racing down the sidelines with K-State bodies littering the field at the closing gun.

Still, there's always hope. :)

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.

Would love to see the barn undefeated when we meet in the Iron Bowl. University of Aubarn 45-KSU38. I asked my aubarn fan fishin buddy, why you reckon we call your team 'The Barn'? His reply was that we just dropped the au off therefore shortening it to barn. "You go to college at 'The Barn'? He said 'heck no, I quit school in the 7th grade, just as soon as I turned 16".

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

I won't be watching the game tonight...but I would love to come home and read that they were upset. :) I doubt it...but there is always a chance.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL

On the one hand, I don't want to give Stoops any more ammunition. On the other hand, Auburn fans sure seem puffed up here lately. On one hand, KState seems way over-matched on paper. On the other hand, while Auburn's hurry-up spread is tricky in an SEC that traditionally tools to stop a power running game, it's no enigma in the Big 12 where they see hurry-up spread almost every week.

When I weigh everything, even though I still think the Barn wins in a close one, I have to pull the other way. Roll Snyde!

CrimsonPassion

1st Team
Jun 6, 2009
Attalla, AL

I always want the barn to lose every game, and I don't think they will be undefeated when we meet in the Iron Bowl. However, I don't think Kansas State will be the team to give them their first loss. I think that honor will fall on an SEC team like LSU, South Carolina or Georgia. I think this game will be close for awhile (longer than the barners would like), but I think they will get a few lucky breaks (i.e. penalties that go their way) and ultimately come away with a close victory. Ugh! I cringed just typing those last two words.

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama

Regardless of whether they win I want them to be exposed. To hear the press and barn fans talk, they are simply unbeatable. And I simply don't believe that. I've seen too many "greatest teams ever" (1983 Nebraska, 2005 Southern Cal) get taken out when they have real competition, and are not feasting on cupcakes.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012

I want a tie game. TIE GAME TIE GAME TIE GAME!!

Please note lack of blue, as I'm 100% serious.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

I'd gladly swap a barn loss for the eternal yapping chihuahua from Norman to yip and yap some more.

However, I'm afraid we're in for a thrice-tipped intercepted pass to be returned 109 yards for a barn TD, a couple of fumbles grabbed out of mid-air and a unicorn racing down the sidelines with K-State bodies littering the field at the closing gun.

Still, there's always hope. :)
I like the way you think!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.