Has anyone updated to the new iOS 8 on their iPhone/iPad?

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
So last night I decided to go ahead and download the new iOS 8. I'm not really liking some of the features. I only had about 100 pictures on my phone, but they did away with camera roll so they all ended up under 'moments.' I kept looking under albums and there wasn't pictures there so I had to copy and paste all of them in a new album.

Also, I'm not liking the new mail settings. When you go to reply to or send an email, it pops up words on the bottom of the screen so I guess you just click on the world instead of having to type everything out. It is really annoying. Maybe there is a way to turn this off?

I will get used to it I guess. It's just little things that I'm not liking.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
So last night I decided to go ahead and download the new iOS 8. I'm not really liking some of the features. I only had about 100 pictures on my phone, but they did away with camera roll so they all ended up under 'moments.' I kept looking under albums and there wasn't pictures there so I had to copy and paste all of them in a new album.

Also, I'm not liking the new mail settings. When you go to reply to or send an email, it pops up words on the bottom of the screen so I guess you just click on the world instead of having to type everything out. It is really annoying. Maybe there is a way to turn this off?

I will get used to it I guess. It's just little things that I'm not liking.
Give it time to learn how you type, try a 3rd party keyboard, or try this:

http://www.solveyourtech.com/remove-word-suggestions-iphone-5-keyboard/

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I am really liking the name that song feature on Siri. I cannot tell you how many times I've wandered what song was playing on the radio so this feature is cool.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
When I went to download it (I chose the Wifi method instead of connecting it to my computer), it said I needed to have 5.5 GB of space. Well I was at 2 GB so I had to go and delete a bunch of pictures and songs, which I never listen to anyway so who cares, and apps. But after the software was downloaded, it didn't need that much space after all. To be fair though iOS 7 made me do the same thing.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
It will be slow on iPad 3, iPhone 4s and 5, anything with an A5 or perhaps even A6 processor. Turning off animations will help some. Things may improve a bit with the first update. After that those devices will be forgotten. I just got an iPad Air and went ahead and upgraded it. Haven't done too much other than set up messages and facetime since it's mainly intended for my 10yo's education. We'll get to see a lot more of it when our new 6+ phones arrive in the next day or so.

Last edited:

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
What is moments? I seem to have lost my pictures after updating?
If you click on the photos app, it will list at the bottom photos, shared, and albums. All my pictures used to be under albums, but since they deleted the camera roll option under albums, they moved to under the photos tab. It lists them by moments, collections, or years. It makes it really hard to find any picture so I copied and pasted all of them into a new album.

HELENKELLERMRI

1st Team
Apr 19, 2008
The Shoals
If you click on the photos app, it will list at the bottom photos, shared, and albums. All my pictures used to be under albums, but since they deleted the camera roll option under albums, they moved to under the photos tab. It lists them by moments, collections, or years. It makes it really hard to find any picture so I copied and pasted all of them into a new album.
See moments now , but most of pictures are gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I am really liking the name that song feature on Siri. I cannot tell you how many times I've wandered what song was playing on the radio so this feature is cool.

I like the "hey Siri" feature when it is plugged in. So I can listen to my iPhone and if it is plugged in..I can just say "hey Siri" and then be able to ask it to do anything without having to touch the home button. Comes in handy in the shower.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Ordered the new iPhone 6 for my wife. Woke up at 2AM last Friday to order it. It should be delivered tomorrow. I may get one for myself if I like it..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.