Illegal motion question

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I consider myself to be a pretty hardcore football fan. When watching my teams, I want to see a solid defensive effort. I would rather have one of my teams field a great defense than an even average offense. I sincerely believe that defenses win championships at all levels of the sport.

That said, if I am watching a game between two teams that I really don't support, I love a good shoot-out. I would love to see Clemson beat FSU with a score of 52-45 tonight. It would be a blast to watch.

When LSU beat Alabama 9-6 a few years ago the sentiment was almost unanimous - that the game was boring and almost impossible to watch. Only Alabama and LSU fans really appreciated that game - and it was a real gem. If all games were like that there would almost certainly be a decline in TV audiences.
I understand your point, but most real football fans I know appreciate the whole game, which includes defense. These 52-45 shoot outs that some people enjoy don't interest me or many others I know. I start flipping channels and looking for something more interesting than watching teams parade up and down the field. I relate a football game to a good story. There has to be CONFLICT in order to develop the plot of a story. When there is no defense or resistance to the offense, the offense has no struggle and may as well be scrimmaging against air. I don't want a book with no conflict, and I don't want a football game with no conflict. If you enjoy that, though, knock yourself out. Roll Tide! One addition- I'm not saying that I expect most people to enjoy 9-6 games. However, people who know football also know that game with LSU was about great defense and not bad offenses. I have seen a few horrible 9-6 type games, too, because those were low scoring due to inept offenses.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.