TX wants to execute man who killed intruder..who happened to be SWAT

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
It really is scary to think that all it takes is one person you have p'd off or even someone online in some cases to cause you to be raided without so much as a knock or chance to know what is happening before reacting. But instead of law enforcement seeing the folly of these types of raids they want to double down on them and put in prison or 6 feet under innocent people whose only crime was reacting to an unknown invader, often at night. It is beyond ridiculous. It is criminal.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
I think Mr. Guy's attorney should take a page out of the TideFans playbook and use this as his opening statement:

"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, Officer Dimwit...uhhhh...Dinwiddie decided to serve a warrant by, wait for it...wait for it...SNEAKING INTO THE DEFENDANT'S HOME THROUGH A WINDOW, COMPLETELY UNANNOUNCED, AT 5:30 IN THE MORNING. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Crazy. Completely insane. Words cannot express the disgust I have for these types of "searches". What happened to the good old method of encircling the house, banging really hard 2-3 times, announcing police loudly, and then busting in the door when no one answers in 5 seconds?

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I think Mr. Guy's attorney should take a page out of the TideFans playbook and use this as his opening statement:

"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, Officer Dimwit...uhhhh...Dinwiddie decided to serve a warrant by, wait for it...wait for it...SNEAKING INTO THE DEFENDANT'S HOME THROUGH A WINDOW, COMPLETELY UNANNOUNCED, AT 5:30 IN THE MORNING. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."
Harsh, but true.

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
Crazy. Completely insane. Words cannot express the disgust I have for these types of "searches". What happened to the good old method of encircling the house, banging really hard 2-3 times, announcing police loudly, and then busting in the door when no one answers in 5 seconds?
so at 5:30am, when you are dead asleep, you are capable of reaching the front door in ~10secs? if not, then there is no practical difference between just busting the door in immediately.

how about the even better old days where you arrest the guy in the street, and then get a warrant to search his house.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
so at 5:30am, when you are dead asleep, you are capable of reaching the front door in ~10secs? if not, then there is no practical difference between just busting the door in immediately.

how about the even better old days where you arrest the guy in the street, and then get a warrant to search his house.
All I mean is, even old case law allows a fairly quick entry of police under exigent circumstances. There's no need for the stealth operations like they're hunting for bin Laden. Knocking and announcing alerts the homeowner that it is the police and not a robber (yes, some folks probably have pretended to be police in a break in, but if someone yells they're the Po-Po, they usually are).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.