why barns always get some "good luck"

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
it seems they could always win some games in "weird" ways.
e.g.: tipped incomplete pass, returned a miss FG, etc. (2010 Michael Dyer got a missed tackle for FG at final second.)

Today they intercepted an incomplete pass in the end zone, KSU has 3 missed FGs, 1st down conversion in the last play etc.

Any thought on that?
It's all Shug Jordan's (Jurdan's) fault!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
For me, this is a main reason why it`s so damned scary to play these guys. I`ve tried to remember the bad bounce, the inopportune penalty, the crucial incompletion or fumble, etc. that went against them and I just flat can`t do it. Maybe I just need to watch more barn football, but that ain`t gonna happen!
well, there was wrong way bo and van tiffin's kick :)

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Heard someone say/tweet/post last night that: they horseshoe (luck) that's up their butt must feel very uncomfortable.

Barners waking up today know they should've lost that game last night. That's got to make them have some doubt considering their murderer's row schedule coming up.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I have to say, the interception on the end zone was a poor pass by the KSU QB, high and a bit behind the receiver. Those kind of passes tend to get tipped up and since there are more defensive players back there than offensive players, the odds are good for the defenders. Throw that pass low and in front of the receive and it is incomplete or a TD.
I give the Barn DB credit for being in the right place and maintaining focus on the ball. (The KSU receiver was well into his "Darn, I didn't catch the pass" motion when the Barn DB was catching the ball.)
Three missed FGs is not really luck, as bad mechanics by the kicker (plus, maybe a little luck with the wind, which I guess was blowing pretty hard Thursday in the Little Apple). Still, two of those three FG attempts were chip shots that the wind had little opportunity to influence, and if they had been made, the game might have gone into overtime. Physics.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I was down to one dime left on a Keno machine in Biloxi. Last spin, I hit 8 out of 10 numbers.
It paid me 200.00.
I played two 10.00 credits on a ten dollar Double Diamond slot machine.
It hit three Double Diamonds.
$16,000.00.
Auburn's LUCK, was kinda like mine.
YES, they're lucky. VERY lucky!!!
Do I understand it? NO. But yeah they are. They really are.
sip

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I agree The Barn is the luckiest team on the planet as well, but, what makes The Barn as good as they are, is how when teams makes any mistake against them, The Barn capitalizes on those mistake & makes teams pay dearly for there mistakes..You simply cannot make any mistakes against them cause they make you pay for it..As much as I hate to do it..I have to give The Barn credit for that..That's what makes them as good as they are..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.