News Article: Oh Alabama schools, really?

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2014/09/feds_side_with_14-year-old_gir.html#incart_m-rpt-2

al.com said:
The federal government today sided with the guardian of a teenage girl who was raped during a botched sting operation in the boy's bathroom, arguing the Madison County School system was liable under federal law to investigate harassment and protect female students.

"A school board cannot avoid summary judgment as a matter of law when a school administrator willfully ignores a plan to use a 14-year-old special needs student as bait to catch a student with a known history of sexual and violent misconduct, and as a result, the student is sodomized," reads the federal brief filed in the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals late today.
I used to believe that there was no way people could be this stupid. Then I realized that I just wasn't seeing as many of them because they were all being hired by the school system.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2014/09/feds_side_with_14-year-old_gir.html#incart_m-rpt-2

I used to believe that there was no way people could be this stupid. Then I realized that I just wasn't seeing as many of them because they were all being hired by the school system.
Some of the most unqualified and incompetent people are on school boards all across this country making decisions that impacts education. It is quite scary. But this is beyond incompetent.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
We have allowed the education system to become a society unto itself, seemingly unanswerable to outside society. If we ever want to regain control of it, responsible individuals and (and I cannot stress this too much) leaders must be held accountable.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
Of course! What? You've never heard the term?

Stupidy, adjective - of or like one who is lacking in cognitive proficiency; dim-witted

Example: Despite Roy's desire to attend the University of Alabama, he was too stupidy to do so and consequently became a teaching assistant at Auburn University (WDE!)

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
As the parent of a special needs child I'm equally appalled by the "guardian" & the school system. How did they get custody & what were the admins thinking? She was "bait"? This is disgusting.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
As the parent of a special needs child I'm equally appalled by the "guardian" & the school system. How did they get custody & what were the admins thinking? She was "bait"? This is disgusting.
Imo they didn't have the authority to use her as bait for the reasons below:
1. She is a minor and not legally able to give her consent.
2. She is a special needs child and may not understand the potential harm that could come to her.
3. Because of the two above factors, the school would have to secure the permission of her legal guardian before they used her in the 'sting'.
They failed her all the way around.
This school is in a lot of trouble, as is every member of the school's administration who had a part in this (in)action. If I were the guardian of this child, I'd have to insist that each and every one of them be held both legally responsible and financially accountable.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Imo they didn't have the authority to use her as bait for the reasons below:
1. She is a minor and not legally able to give her consent.
2. She is a special needs child and may not understand the potential harm that could come to her.
3. Because of the two above factors, the school would have to secure the permission of her legal guardian before they used her in the 'sting'.
They failed her all the way around.
This school is in a lot of trouble, as is every member of the school's administration who had a part in this (in)action. If I were the guardian of this child, I'd have to insist that each and every one of them be held both legally responsible and financially accountable.
You needed reasons ???

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
As a teacher, I'll refrain from what we talk about it in regards to admins. Let's just say, losing touch with the real world is one topic of discussion.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.