Jimbo Fisher is not in charge at FSU

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
He's calling the shots and he's full of baloney. It doesn't make it right but he's not the only coach who says one thing and does another.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
If you go back and read his PC yesterday I think he pretty much states the suspension came from over his head - meaning either the AD or the President. Now why you, if your Jimbo, would you not take ownership of the suspension so as to at least appear to have measure of integrity (even if the suspension was inadequate) and take credit for it. But no he passed the buck. I think we can clearly see from the last year where Jimbo stands on his undeniable and laughably ignorant support of JW. Seriously the only reason you would put up with this kind of behavior from one of your players is if he is getting or got something under the table. Regardless if you are struggling financially, FSU administration ought to recognize you cant harbor this kind of behavior nowadays. If anything else comes out about JW, it could seriously undermine Jimbo's ability to lead the program going forward.
I listened to the entire Sirius deal yesterday on my five hour drive to my Mom's house.
Basically his excuse was, "when any student misconduct happens on campus, it becomes an administrative issue and not one to be decided by the athletic department or coaches".

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I listened to the entire Sirius deal yesterday on my five hour drive to my Mom's house.
Basically his excuse was, "when any student misconduct happens on campus, it becomes an administrative issue and not one to be decided by the athletic department or coaches".
That means that the school sets the minimum punishment. I will never believe that the administrators told him that he was limited to that punishment and could not expand upon it.

Who am I kidding - if they are willing to keep him on campus after he has raped a student, they are certainly capable of that.

Last edited:

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
Jimbo ain't calling the shots at Free shoes U. The admin told him what was gonna go down and how he was gonna speak on it or he can look for another place to coach and there aren't many job openings at the first of a season (just my $.02 worth).

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Jimbo ain't calling the shots at Free shoes U. The admin told him what was gonna go down and how he was gonna speak on it or he can look for another place to coach and there aren't many job openings at the first of a season (just my $.02 worth).
You are entitled to your opinion, but Fisher is more important to that program than Winston and the administration knows it. They are not going to fire him over a conflict over the punishment of Winston. Simply not going to happen. And Fisher has a contract. If they fired him under those conditions he would be hired during the off-season while still collecting a paycheck from FSU for relaxing on a beach for the rest of this season.

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
Yep, BIG, it is my opinion, and I appreciate your respectful reply instead of just full on flaming. I just don't see Jimbo being fully behind this. I might be absolutely wrong in what I'm saying because I have no "Inside Source" but in my way of thinking, something like this could destroy his chances of possibly going to a lot of other big time programs in the future depending on how all of this plays out.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
What an utter embarressment this has become for everybody... FSU, JW, and worst of all CJF!

He looks totally out of touch and lost in all of this.

Only winner might be Clemson and the rest of college football who doesn't want to see FSU repeat this year.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
to me that reads like admin speak for "wow, we really stepped in it and need to find a face saving measure, and fast" :)

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
What an utter embarressment this has become for everybody... FSU, JW, and worst of all CJF!

He looks totally out of touch and lost in all of this.

Only winner might be Clemson and the rest of college football who doesn't want to see FSU repeat this year.
one good thing about all of this is that sunlight is a very effective disinfectant

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Here's what confused me. Why didn't Jimbo or Gus try to take the money and run to Texas? I'm not buying the notion that Strong was their second choice. It was a classic sell high situation for both of those coaches. Gus has to know he's only going to be wanted as long as he can beat Alabama, and at FSU, Jimbo has already had run ins. Their athletic department is not in good shape, and they don't even want to be in the ACC (and they're getting the short end of the stick in the ACC's new deal).

Texas isn't necessarily the best job possible, but I'd assume either of those coaches could have turned the situation into a nice raise if nothing else.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.