Jimbo Fisher is not in charge at FSU

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
I have a 1st cousin who is a big FSU fan and booster. He says these decisions about Winston are being made above Fisher's head. The kid is simply too much of a cash cow at FSU right now for ANYTHING to get in the way. It is a culture that has been in place for years. And they do not care what any one else thinks. Dollars and winning- it is all that matters. And the dollar part is in the millions for what has recently been a struggling AD department.

But Jimbo has also come off as extremely disingenuous in interviews this week. It is almost embarrassing to listen to him. I think he is part of the problem as well. I know many talk highly of his character and all- but I just do not see it. He is either being controlled or this is who he really is- I am just not sure.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
But Jimbo has also come off as extremely disingenuous in interviews this week. It is almost embarrassing to listen to him. I think he is part of the problem as well. I know many talk highly of his character and all- but I just do not see it. He is either being controlled or this is who he really is- I am just not sure.
Let me help.

If he won't stand for what he says he believes in now when the pressure is on, then he really doesn't believe in what he says he believes in. Also, if he won't stand for what he says he believes in where he is now, he wouldn't stand for it somewhere else if he left. You don't change your character by leaving. Your character goes with you if you leave with nothing else.

Once you've agreed to let the skunks spray your house, you might as well live with the skunks. You will still smell like a skunk if you leave, and the next household may not tolerate it.

CJF has inarguably agreed to the JW circus proceedings. Regardless of his self-justifications, he now and forever is culpable. IOW, there is no need for confusion. This is who he really is.

tungi01

1st Team
Apr 17, 2010
Dallas, TX
that's why I wouldn't be surpised to see Fisher leaving after this season. Either to NFL or to another job within conference.
Fisher won't leave and they won't fire him... They would be stupid to do that... With that said, I think Fisher has more control of the program that some may think. I mean he just won a national title and has resurrected their program.. I would think that he could basically call the shots... As one of my old bosses once told me, if you're bringing in big money for the company, you can basically call your shots. It's like that in practically any business. Nope, Jimbo made this decision and he made a bad one.

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
Fisher won't leave and they won't fire him... They would be stupid to do that... With that said, I think Fisher has more control of the program that some may think. I mean he just won a national title and has resurrected their program.. I would think that he could basically call the shots... As one of my old bosses once told me, if you're bringing in big money for the company, you can basically call your shots. It's like that in practically any business. Nope, Jimbo made this decision and he made a bad one.
Just like Chizik did at Auburn? ;)

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
Let me help.

If he won't stand for what he says he believes in now when the pressure is on, then he really doesn't believe in what he says he believes in. Also, if he won't stand for what he says he believes in where he is now, he wouldn't stand for it somewhere else if he left. You don't change your character by leaving. Your character goes with you if you leave with nothing else.

Once you've agreed to let the skunks spray your house, you might as well live with the skunks. You will still smell like a skunk if you leave, and the next household may not tolerate it.

CJF has inarguably agreed to the JW circus proceedings. Regardless of his self-justifications, he now and forever is culpable. IOW, there is no need for confusion. This is who he really is.
That just shows us how strong Saban really is.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
"He was just having fun." - Jimbo Fisher commenting on Jameis' latest offense to SiriusXM College Radio 9/18/14
IMO, Jimbo is all about the win and not about the players' development off of the field.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Unless they hire a full-time babysitter for this kid, I don't think this is the last incident. You might have been able to cover this stuff up before cell phones, but not know. Heck, you may have found out the latest before anyone in the AD knew about it.

Maybe do like they did with Cam, acknowledge this is his last season, get him enrolled in nothing but on-line courses, keep him off campus, hold everyone's grades till after your January bowl game, and hire some goons to sit on him, literally if that is what it takes.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Im saying, when things get worse in term of off field issues, he may get tired and leave. he hasn't done enough to say I can get comfortable here... there has been time where he looks uncomfortable in the program because of management above him.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Let me help.

Bingo!

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Fisher is obviously in charge at FSU since he is the HC. The responsibility and credit falls with him. At FSU is all goes back to the Bobby Bowden "policy" that you should not suspend a player if it hurts the team.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
IMO, Jimbo is all about the win and not about the players' development off of the field.
And this will be his downfall. Recruiting will be hurt since most parents are not going to like the prisoners running the prison. Our recruiting is so successful due to the fact parents know Saban and staff will not tolerate this type behavior. I think Jimbo has lost this team and they will lose 1-2 games in a weak ACC due to it.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
If you go back and read his PC yesterday I think he pretty much states the suspension came from over his head - meaning either the AD or the President. Now why you, if your Jimbo, would you not take ownership of the suspension so as to at least appear to have measure of integrity (even if the suspension was inadequate) and take credit for it. But no he passed the buck. I think we can clearly see from the last year where Jimbo stands on his undeniable and laughably ignorant support of JW. Seriously the only reason you would put up with this kind of behavior from one of your players is if he is getting or got something under the table. Regardless if you are struggling financially, FSU administration ought to recognize you cant harbor this kind of behavior nowadays. If anything else comes out about JW, it could seriously undermine Jimbo's ability to lead the program going forward.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Not every head coach is in charge ... Mack Brown. Be that as it may, I don't know who is calling the shots at FSU, but the responsibility is on CJF.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I don't understand how people can live their lives without integrity, but the whole Winston saga clearly demonstrates that most people in our society are happy to put on blinders when it is convenient. I am more saddened by that than I am the acts themselves.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.