Secession or No secession

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I was a little happy to see the vote in Scotland turn out the way it did.

Apparently 1 in 4 Americans would be for their state seceding.

Like I've said before, I would not mind seeing Texas secede but only if they annex the states of the SEC. However, I do like the USA remaining as is if we can get rid of bad people in government and most of the bureaucracy!

I was going to link this article to a previous thread, but I couldn't find that thread.

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/09/...=maing-grid7|maing9|dl1|sec1_lnk2&pLid=532384

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Thomas Jefferson wrote this in a letter to William H. Crawford 20 July 1816:
Thomas Jefferson said:
In your letter to Fisk, you have fairly stated the alternatives between which we are to choose : 1, licentious commerce and gambling speculations for a few, with eternal war for the many; or, 2, restricted commerce, peace, and steady occupations for all. If any State in the Union will declare that it prefers separation with the first alternative, to a continuance in union without it, I have no hesitation in saying, "let us separate." I would rather the States should withdraw, which are for unlimited commerce and war, [while we would] confederate with those alone which are for peace and agriculture.
South Carolinian Lawrence Keitt, in a letter to William Murray, 22 September 1860:
Lawrence Keitt said:
It has been asked, if any state can secede at her pleasure, what guarantee is there of the Union? I answer none, none whatsoever, except common interest, good faith, and public opinion. And there should be none but these. When these will not avail, the Union is accursed, and only a slave or a tyrant should cling to it.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.