Link: Update: Jameis winston out whole clemson game!!!!!!!

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Suspension means you shouldn't expect him at the game.....period.

Where he said it DOES make a difference. Saying that in a guys locker room, acceptable 100%. In a public venue, not acceptable. In the Student union on a table, he must be retarded.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Coach25

1st Team
Sep 1, 2014
This tells me that something else was said or that this may have been directed at a particular person. They knew where he was at when he said it for them to say otherwise well that's just bs. I'm wondering if he was directing these statements at a particular female student and that she may have said something to administration or filed a complaint. If so, then with the school already getting investigated for title 9 this makes since of why they upped the suspension to a whole game.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
All of the pressure in this game has now been shifted to Clemson. I love to see Dabo fired up. I will be watching this game with a keen interest in how both teams respond.

As for the NCAA committee giving FSU a bye for a loss in this game - I don't see it happening. Winston is not missing the game due to injury. FSU is free to play him if they wish to do so. If it were that simple, Alabama could rest all of their starters in a key game and get a bye from the committee. I just don't see this as something that a reasonable person would consider. It would make a mockery of the entire system from the outset.

MN-Tide

1st Team
Jan 2, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
I think FSU has been consulting Roger Goodell throughout this process. Up next will be official FSU policies on sexual assault, shoplifting, shouting obscenities...

Coach25

1st Team
Sep 1, 2014
All of the pressure in this game has now been shifted to Clemson. I love to see Dabo fired up. I will be watching this game with a keen interest in how both teams respond.

As for the NCAA committee giving FSU a bye for a loss in this game - I don't see it happening. Winston is not missing the game due to injury. FSU is free to play him if they wish to do so. If it were that simple, Alabama could rest all of their starters in a key game and get a bye from the committee. I just don't see this as something that a reasonable person would consider. It would make a mockery of the entire system from the outset.
NCAA and reasonable should never be put in same sentence lol. So I do not put anything by them. They do it in basketball and that's the format they chose to use in football but it's like make a square peg fit into a round hole.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
I believe Clemson wins this. I'm not saying it's a blow out, but they win it, especially after that humiliation last year at death valley east

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
This is the "toughest" game on FSU's calendar this year until a potential run in the playoffs. With that said, they're still 10-14 point favorites without Winston. I think they'll be able to run all over Clemson.

In the event they lose, they shouldn't be given a pass because they are 3 score favorites in every other game this year. That's the same as byu running the table. If BYU goes 12-0, they'd likely be left out of the playoffs and FSU should get the same limited amount of respect for their strength of schedule.

Coach25

1st Team
Sep 1, 2014
This is the "toughest" game on FSU's calendar this year until a potential run in the playoffs. With that said, they're still 10-14 point favorites without Winston. I think they'll be able to run all over Clemson.

In the event they lose, they shouldn't be given a pass because they are 3 score favorites in every other game this year. That's the same as byu running the table. If BYU goes 12-0, they'd likely be left out of the playoffs and FSU should get the same limited amount of respect for their strength of schedule.
If FSU loses and they get a pass and put into the playoff because of Winston not playing, then this would be the last year of a committee in college football. The outrage would be unbelievable and backlash would be so bad that no one will want to be on a committee and I believe we would go back to the checks and balances of the bcs system. The computers balanced the human aspect an the human aspect balanced the computers. Just like in government, giving one group all the power is dangerous and is a mistake.

Bamanooga

1st Team
Sep 7, 2008
Signal Mountain, TN
Just woke up to this news. I'm letting the rightness of it wash over me. Would have been nice if FSU had gotten it right the first time, but it seems that Winston may have lied to them! :eek: It's hard to believe that FSU made a relatively tougher decision about one of its players than the NFL did. FSU, of all teams?!

Coach25

1st Team
Sep 1, 2014
Just woke up to this news. I'm letting the rightness of it wash over me. Would have been nice if FSU had gotten it right the first time, but it seems that Winston may have lied to them! :eek: It's hard to believe that FSU made a relatively tougher decision about one of its players than the NFL did. FSU, of all teams?!
Hate to say this but I believe it is true, if not for the domestic violence issues in the NFL then most people wouldn't be aware or talking about the subject of domestic violence. If there was no Ray Rice, then Winston prolly doesn't get a suspension for his words. I hate what Ray Rice did but it opened a lot of people's eyes to the world of domestic violence. What Winston did (this time) was not domestic violence but shows a lack of respect of women and is only promoting a further lack of respect of women. Maybe all this will create stricter rules and punishments of domestic violence and ignorant non-respectful views toward women.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.