Link: Update: Jameis winston out whole clemson game!!!!!!!

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I wake up and see this news. :) great way to start my morning. I still think FSU has a great chance of winning but at least the criminal won't be playing.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
And about the committee giving this a pass. Can you imagine the uproar if that happen? Like BigTen said this isn't an injury during a game situation. That may constitute that decision...this is suspending a known thug.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Just woke up to this news. I'm letting the rightness of it wash over me. Would have been nice if FSU had gotten it right the first time, but it seems that Winston may have lied to them! :eek: It's hard to believe that FSU made a relatively tougher decision about one of its players than the NFL did. FSU, of all teams?!
i think that they are in full cover their backside mode given winston's history, their continued leniency, and all of the stuff going on in the nfl

Sagamore Bill

1st Team
Sep 1, 2010
Oklahoma
Makes you wonder, IF FSU had reacted differently w/ the very first incident would Winston have changed his attitude & actions. He is responsible for his actions, but FSU & Jimbo Fisher are his enablers.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
This tells me that something else was said or that this may have been directed at a particular person. They knew where he was at when he said it for them to say otherwise well that's just bs. I'm wondering if he was directing these statements at a particular female student and that she may have said something to administration or filed a complaint. If so, then with the school already getting investigated for title 9 this makes since of why they upped the suspension to a whole game.
Perhaps he was referring to the young lady that has accused him of rape? IMO his arrogance would overrule what little common sense he has and let his big mouth shout to the world what he did. Wouldn't surprise me...how about any of you?
I still think Clemson has a tough row to hoe.

Roll Tide!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Makes you wonder, IF FSU had reacted differently w/ the very first incident would Winston have changed his attitude & actions. He is responsible for his actions, but FSU & Jimbo Fisher are his enablers.
my guess is no, based on my hunch that fsu and jimbo are neither the first nor the only enablers in winston's life. I'm sure he has been "enabled" since he first showed extraordinary athletic ability.

Coach25

1st Team
Sep 1, 2014
You are exactly right and I will take it a step further than that. I blame the police for the continued look the other way attitude they have toward football stars. What happens the next time a girl is raped by a FSU athlete, she will be so scared that the police won't do anything and that it will ruin her life is she reports it. It's sad but true.

Coach25

1st Team
Sep 1, 2014
Perhaps he was referring to the young lady that has accused him of rape? IMO his arrogance would overrule what little common sense he has and let his big mouth shout to the world what he did. Wouldn't surprise me...how about any of you?
I still think Clemson has a tough row to hoe.

Roll Tide!
Ding ding ding. That's what I was thinking without coming out and saying it.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
It seems that the extra suspension was not so much for what he said/did but for not being totally truthful (aka he lied) about the whole situation.

I think that I heard that the line on the game just dropped from 20 to 12 points.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I think Forced Sex U might lose now. Now I do wonder if they are losing going into the second half and the back up is having a horrible game if suddenly Winston will have "learned his lesson"

stew0729

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 22, 2011
Don't think that FSU wont use this announcement to their advantage. Its a no lose situation for them today, playing one of the toughest opponents they will face all year. If they win they will say we are so good we beat a good team without our Heisman winner, and if they lose they will say we are still the best team in the country because he didn't play. We will see how this works out for them. If they lose the selection comity may give them a pass because he didn't play. I think they had a good shot of losing with Winston playing now i think it is a forgone conclusion.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Without knowing all the facts, Fisher did say in his Sirius interview yesterday that any student misconduct ON Campus, was an administrative matter and not an athletic department matter.
I'm not stating any opinion here, just saying that he could be telling the truth in this particular case.
When we had the players arrested for the "knock outs", or whatever it was exactly, I believe the university suspended a couple of the players immediately, without asking Coach Saban his opinion because the incidents happened..ON campus.
sip
Frankly, that's a cop out. Yes, it's an administrative matter as with any student conduct on campus; but all public conduct of an athlete, especially the conduct of those who are members of major public organizations like the FSU football team, is the responsibility of the athletic organization. Regardless of any punishment meted out by the administration, Fisher has the responsibility to ensure the adequacy of any such punishment and to increase the punishment if he deems it necessary. Instead, he gave Winston "an ice cream cone" and relied on the administration to make the tough decision for him. Fisher's conduct in this matter is frankly pathetic, and he deserves his own suspension for his own lack of good judgment.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Does FSU realize with The Jameis and Jimbo Show that they are rapidly becoming the new Miami forthwith and forever?

JV's Tide

3rd Team
Jan 11, 2010
I feel bad for the kids that look up to him. How does Jimbo explain to his son why his starting qb isn't playing? Or any parent for that matter. I just think it is a shame what our youth has to look up to now days. Hope they choose a better role model than some of these stupid acting athletes

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
Watching Gameday. Heirbstreit just went nuclear on FSU decision. Called it BS and basically just said they are holding their finger in the air to see what reaction was is the only reason they changed it. GO Herbsteit!!!!!

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Frankly, that's a cop out. Yes, it's an administrative matter as with any student conduct on campus; but all public conduct of an athlete, especially the conduct of those who are members of major public organizations like the FSU football team, is the responsibility of the athletic organization. Regardless of any punishment meted out by the administration, Fisher has the responsibility to ensure the adequacy of any such punishment and to increase the punishment if he deems it necessary. Instead, he gave Winston "an ice cream cone" and relied on the administration to make the tough decision for him. Fisher's conduct in this matter is frankly pathetic, and he deserves his own suspension for his own lack of good judgment.
Doesn't Florida State University have a Student Code of Conduct that students must comply with? If they do, and they should, the administration should dish out consequences for that behavior that was exhibited.

That being said, since he is also a student athlete, he should also get a consequence from his Head Coach, who appears to be Missing In Action! In fact he apparently declined an already scheduled interview with Sam Ponder today.

Someone earlier called him a criminal. Isn't that spelled "Criminole" in Tallahassee?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.