Link: Update: Jameis winston out whole clemson game!!!!!!!

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
So the rumor of the girl being at student union is false? I thought she withdrew from the school? If it is true, Oh boy, this is going to end bad for him and the school. I would imgaine a story like this will break soon this week or next week if it is true.
rumors, remember that this is all rumors.

For the record I seriously doubt the victim was there. She was harassed by fsu fans last year for "causing" all this trouble, no way she is back on campus

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
So the entire universe knew Friday night JW wasn't playing. But, somehow FSU equip manager, missed the memo. What a joke.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Booger McFarland tweeted earlier FSU had a player suspended for the first game but still dressed out in full pads. I don't understand it. If you're suspended, you shouldn't be on the sideline.

So the entire universe knew Friday night JW wasn't playing. But, somehow FSU equip manager, missed the memo. What a joke.
I made a similar comment yesterday to my dad, and he pointed out the equipment team put pads and jerseys in the lockers sometime during the day Friday. They already did their job before the announcement.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Booger McFarland tweeted earlier FSU had a player suspended for the first game but still dressed out in full pads. I don't understand it. If you're suspended, you shouldn't be on the sideline.

I made a similar comment yesterday to my dad, and he pointed out the equipment team put pads and jerseys in the lockers sometime during the day Friday. They already did their job before the announcement.
Well, I guess there is no rule saying he can't dress out on be on the sidelines, seeing as how it was a FSU suspension and not the NCAA. But I agree him being there is just a distraction and adds unnecessary clutter to the sidelines.

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
Well, I guess there is no rule saying he can't dress out on be on the sidelines, seeing as how it was a FSU suspension and not the NCAA. But I agree him being there is just a distraction and adds unnecessary clutter to the sidelines.
It shouldn't matter what anybody put anywhere. The COACH is supposed to be in control of what his players do...

Last edited:

AV8N

1st Team
Sep 18, 2013
Surely Jameis thought it strange that he'd have to dress out in full pads just to roam the sideline. Maybe he thought if he was ready to go, that second half suspension would disappear like crab legs at Publix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
I am still of the suspicion that his little outburst, while not said directly to her, was a reference about the young lady that is suing him. If not her, then who, or how many others? He does seem to get around. Ah...the life of a football hero. Do what you want, to whom you want, whenever you want. I know, that's not fair to lump
them all together, but they won't police themselves. And those that try are either in turn...criticized, chastised, ostracized or vilified. Go figure.

Roll Tide!

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
So, a lawyer chums the water to undermine the credibility of a plaintiff in a civil suit. There is little to no accountability for a lawyer who does everything he can, that might be legal (but probably not ethical, as almost anyone outside the legal profession would regard as ethical) to win his case. (I doubt the Florida Bar will care much about a spurious allegation of racial prejudice on the part of the plaintiff. Many lawyers would consider that just being a good defense attorney.)
A $7 million settlement offer is extortion in one person's eyes, but an honest settlement offer in the eyes of someone else. This technique has been used in Knoxville before to the advantage of both parties. As for the allegation of racially-based comments, I'd say that this allegation appears to be without merit since the young woman was dating (and apparently being intimate with) another African-American student-athlete at the time of the alleged rape.
If I was a juror, I'd take a dim view of the defendant's case, given the location of various bodily fluids (not to be too graphic) uncovered in the investigation. Given what I now know, I'd probably find for the plaintiff, although it should be in a criminal case, not a civil one.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
A day after an advisor to Jameis Winston sent a letter to Florida State informing the school that the Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback would cooperate with a Title IX investigation, both he and lawyers for the woman who alleged Winston raped her in 2012 disputed a potential settlement discussed between the two sides.

Atlanta-based attorney David Cornwell, who is advising the Winston family, notified FSU in a letter Tuesday that Winston would cooperate with the investigation. But in the letter, which was obtained by USA TODAY Sports, Cornwell took issue with the process and claimed that the woman's attorney demanded a $7 million settlement from Winston.

In a statement Wednesday, John Clune – a Colorado-based, Title IX attorney representing the woman – disputed Cornwell's version of events, saying Cornwell initiated the meeting to discuss a settlement.
Entire story here

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
Oh, ye of little faith. There is nothing that is too much for FSU to look past.
I might agree but for the current climate surrounding football.

on another note, could Winston sound any dumber than he did in his press conference?

I'd bet he can't read on more than a "see spot run" level.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.