****Bama vs. UF Post-Game Thread****

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Dumb but simple question. Why can't anyone stop Amari? Is he that good? Or can teams just not double him because all of our other weapons..

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
Dumb but simple question. Why can't anyone stop Amari? Is he that good? Or can teams just not double him because all of our other weapons..
It's impossible to double him because of the other WR's and the need to commit to stop great RB's. It's a pick your poison decision for the defenses. UF tried to take away the run and did until the third quarter. The wanted Blake to beat them and he did. RTR!!

EscaTider

Hall of Fame
Oct 2, 2008
Flomaton, AL
He's disciplined, for one thing, as far as route running is concerned. I also think he is so smooth that it lulls DB's into slowing down, then he bursts right by them. Uses his body to get separation as well.

And yes, having White, Jones, OJ, Black, etc certainly helps. Not to mention when we put Drake in the slot.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
He's disciplined, for one thing, as far as route running is concerned. I also think he is so smooth that it lulls DB's into slowing down, then he bursts right by them. Uses his body to get separation as well.

And yes, having White, Jones, OJ, Black, etc certainly helps. Not to mention when we put Drake in the slot.
Yep. He gets separation so quietly the DB doesn't realize it's happening.

Also, White has a future in the NFL. He's a great athlete and receiver. Undersung hero IMO.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
you said it. wow cooper is the best receiver in college football and the best player period. until someone shuts him down, you cannot argue with that.

how good are Ole Miss' DBs? I am curious.
Pretty solid , they have a good overall defense, it will be a tough game in two weeks.That said the team looked great today other than the fumbles we have to protect the ball better,turnovers led to every point they got and we can not do that against teams we play down the road.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Watching the scoreboard shows, I guess no one was watching this game. No one is giving Bama much love

BamaGene

Scout Team
Jun 14, 2014
Secondary improved but still has to get better before TAMU, I think they'll get there and won't be a concern like they were all last year. Damn glad that is a home game this year.

Can't wait to hear 'the great' Andre Ware discuss how 'over-rated' Bama is now...

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
I don't really want the cooper for Heisman talk to start - at least not this early. I think it can be a distraction.

That said I think he is the best receiver in the country.

Last edited:

bamaee04

All-SEC
Nov 15, 2004
Birmingham, AL
Big win...take away the turnovers and we win in a blowout. Hopefully we can rest up, correct the penalties/turnover issues, and improve even more prior to Ole Miss. They may very well be a pretender again this year, but it will be our first real road test regardless. RTR!

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Was only able to pop into the game thread sparingly, so my apologies in advance if these Q's have been addressed...

1. Anyone know what was up when Blake got up in Cam Robinson's [I believe it was Cam] grill - right on the field - early in the game?

2. Anyone know whether Nick Perry played regularly in the 2nd half?

Thanks Y'all, and Rolllll Tide!!

Just took the top off my first - but definitely not last - beer of the day, and man, after that turnaround, they're gonna go down good!!!

Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut!!!

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
By the way guys, the Gators have never allowed as many yards as they did today. We broke a record set by...the 1995 Nebraska Cornhuskers. Good company.

Tide64

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2004
Julio Jones is an amazing freak of an athlete, but, at the college level, Cooper is a better receiver. Jones dropped a lot of balls, Cooper doesn't. Roll Tide!!!

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Julio Jones is an amazing freak of an athlete, but, at the college level, Cooper is a better receiver. Jones dropped a lot of balls, Cooper doesn't. Roll Tide!!!
Let's not do this again. I know it is your opinion and this is a message board. But it is my opinion we shouldn't do this comparison again

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.