****Bama vs. UF Post-Game Thread****

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
apparently Kiffin has said Blake did all this on his own
Heard that as well!

Great to hear, comin' form a guy who is reputed to have a not-small ego...

Also heard it said that Coach Kiffin said that when he came over to watch the team prior to the Sugar Bowl, after watching Blake, he said Bama can't win this guy...

Props Blake!!!

And props Coach Kiffin!!!

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country
We have improved each week but this week it was a significant improvement. They are becoming a smooth, well polished, efficient team. If we continue to improve each week, we can be outstanding. Just need to clean up a few things and ROLL ON.

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama
This is an incredibly good team. I mean, we could be truly special if we correct the ball security issues. The offense's production is mind boggling. It reminds of 1989 and 1973 teams. The run defense is smothering. The pass defense is tighter, and I think the bye will be a great time to improve technique.

The officiating was horrible with with a capital horror. You should have heard the crowd on those calls (plural) and noncalls (plural). I wonder what it is like to be a ref and have 100,000 people mad at you.

Overall, this team gets a solid A in all phases of the game. I would have given an A+ if not for the fumbles.

Honest to God, we could go undefeated.

RJ YellowHammer

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
Memphis, Tn
I don't really want the cooper for Heisman talk to start - at least not this early. I think it can be a distraction.

That said I think he is the best receiver in the country.
That cat is out of the bag man. If Coop stays healthy, he's going to have 100+ receptions, 1200+ yards, and 15+ TDs. He'll be in NY this December.

oldtimetider

1st Team
Nov 16, 2008
With great performances by Cooper and Sims...and White to compliment them...and Henry...it's easy to forget about Drake. In terms of pure athletic ability, he may be the most gifted of all....fumbles aside, that young man can arguably do more things on a football than any of them...Here's hoping he has a great year....

Coach25

1st Team
Sep 1, 2014
We had 645 yards with 4 turnovers, we also had basically double possession, if we do not keep shooting ourself in the foot with penalties or with turning the ball over who knows how bad it could have been. I do not know who's defense is going to slow it down. When it's mistake free it's a thing of beauty and it has not been stopped. Think about what the score would be with 0 or 1 turnovers... Think about how many yards this offense could have put up. This may be the most dangerous offense in the nation.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Coop should be the front runner for The Heisman & if Blake keeps playing at the level he's playing at throwing the ball to Coop, Coop's biggest competition for The Heisman will be Blak himself..Cause Blake's name should be thrown around in the conversation as well..He's been every bit as impressive as any QB or player in college football this year..I was thinking to myself as I was watching Blake this afternoon..How good do y'all think he could have been if he would've had a year or two under his belt of being of PT as our QB..I can't believe how much better he's gotten throwing the ball from game 1 up to today's game against Florida..After he wins a NC this year leading our offense, I hope he goes on to the NFL, and has a great career in the NFL..Cause I think he's looked as good a sCam Newton throwing the ballhis senior year, and Blake will only get better after each game & gets even more comfortable running our offense..I'm soooo proud of Blake cause he's the ultimate "Team Player"..I'll take Blake over Jameis in a heartbeat as well..Cause he's been as impressive on the field as Jameis & off the field there's no comparison..I think Blake is every bit as good as Jameis as a football player & a million times better as a descent human being than Jameis..Jameis should take note from Blake as to how to act & conduct yourself away from the football field..
My wife and I were talking about this same thing on the way home today from Tuscaloosa for my dad's 80th birthday. When Eli was telling how Blake came out of the locker room and immediately went over to Coker to congratulate him on his td pass. Blake has class and he is a very high character kid. I have really been impressed with him. Someone posted a story on here about him and I was sold on him.

The D didn't play bad today either. I am just glad we haven't peaked and have a lot to work on. We are scary good.

Bamafan P.T.

All-SEC
Oct 15, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Also heard it said that Coach Kiffin said that when he came over to watch the team prior to the Sugar Bowl, after watching Blake, he said Bama can't win this guy...

Props Blake!!!

And props Coach Kiffin!!!
Who knows if it was said, but I would agree.
We couldn't win with "that " Blake. And that's why most of us naysayers were wringing hands. But Blake is not the same player. He has obviously worked his butt off and retooled his skills. His confidence now is growing and I have no doubt we can win with him. And obviously he is gaining the coaches confidence with play calls...

Couldn't he happier for the guy. He stuck around and paid dues and has earned this chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
I'm still a fan of Coker and big believer of his talent but for this year's Bama team, Blake Sims IS THE QB. Any fans still harboring thoughts of Coker as QB, might as well jump on Team Blake because he's the QB.

Wasn't pretty but Bama had the best win of the weekend. Let's enjoy the week off.

Props to Ken Mastrole, the private QB coach Blake work with in the offseason.

Last edited:

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
My granddaughter and her fiance were up here from Florida to visit my wife who is in the hospital. Having spent many years here, she is an avid Bama fan.. He otoh is just as big a Florida fan. We got to watch the game and his biggest comment (and complaint) was "Where is our (Florida's) defense? " and paired with " They're running right through us These guys (Florida) can't tackle to save their lives".
I love it. :biggrin:

CrimsonPassion

1st Team
Jun 6, 2009
Attalla, AL
I guess I'll always see Muschump as an ex-Auburn guy. So, I'm always happy to beat up on him and his teams. Sadly, though, I think yesterday was our last shot. We lit the match and his rear end will soon be engulfed in flames. Oh, well.:smile:

Bamaparrotheads

3rd Team
Jan 27, 2011
Madison, AL
After sleeping on it, it occurs to me that I can't see where Florida scores without the fumbles. It could have been a lot worse than it was. Yes, I'm slow like that.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.