Clemson v. FSU

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Alabama beats either of these teams by 30 - they both stink.
I think OU, Oregon, and OSU do as well. Heck, UGA already beat Clemson by 30+. FSU walks the table and takes a spot from a better team. I just hope we can meet them in the playoffs because it's Notre dame all over again

BamaFossil

All-American
Jun 3, 2008
Williamsburg, VA
Well... Clemson had plenty of opportunities to win...

FSU didn't look that impressive to me. Maybe they're a different team with Winston... But their defense wasn't impressive and Winston doesn't play defense...

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I think OU, Oregon, and OSU do as well. Heck, UGA already beat Clemson by 30+. FSU walks the table and takes a spot from a better team. I just hope we can meet them in the playoffs because it's Notre dame all over again
I still have a feeling FSU will lose somewhere. They have won 19 straight. At some point the ball will bounce the other way..

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
I still have a feeling FSU will lose somewhere. They have won 19 straight. At some point the ball will bounce the other way..
it'd take a lot for them to lose. They are at least 3 TD favorites the Rest of the way I think. They are simply way more talented than any team in teh ACC.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Clemson just didn't want to win that game or something. My wife was dozing off, and I woke her up and explained what Clemson had been doing (blowing scoring chances), but I was like ok, they're in scoring position without a lot of time left. "They can do it if they don't screw it up"... next play they fumble the ball.

It's hard to be very impressed with FSU or Oklahoma (a little more so with Oklahoma, but they had about the same yards as West Virginia) though. Florida State really has a soft schedule though, the loss might have knocked them out of the picture, but Notre Dame is the only ream that seems like they should be able to give them a game.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Clemson just didn't want to win that game or something. My wife was dozing off, and I woke her up and explained what Clemson had been doing (blowing scoring chances), but I was like ok, they're in scoring position without a lot of time left. "They can do it if they don't screw it up"... next play they fumble the ball.

It's hard to be very impressed with FSU or Oklahoma (a little more so with Oklahoma, but they had about the same yards as West Virginia) though. Florida State really has a soft schedule though, the loss might have knocked them out of the picture, but Notre Dame is the only team that seems like they should be able to give them a game.
i don't know Virginia and NC State might be able to hang with them and get some lucky bounces.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I was impressed with how Maguire held it together and grew into the starting role. Had Winston played, FSU wins by four touchdowns.

Elsewhere in the ACC, Duke is undefeated and North Carolina was blown out by East Carolina.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Time to celebrate!

Publix in Tallahassee better put some RFID tags on their crab claws.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I was impressed with how Maguire held it together and grew into the starting role. Had Winston played, FSU wins by four touchdowns..
So you're saying FSU scores 6 more touchdowns, or do what ifs not count the fact that Clemson was within the 5 twice and didn't score? They only scored on half their trips to the red zone. Sure, FSU plays better with Winston, but that much better? Really?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Clemson threw up all over themselves time and again in that game. They deserve to lose, and this loss will probably cost them another game because they know that they should have won but handed the game to FSU. Hard to get over a game like this.

For FSU - I hope the school burns to the ground.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
They still have to play Notre Dame. That will be a tough game for them. Notre Dame seems legit this year. Of course they did in 2012 also lol

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
Clemson tends to do this at least once a yr. It is amazing how they continually are their own worst enemy yr in and yr out.
They used to do it 3or 4 times a year now their down to 1or 2 times a year ,my hats off to dabo. They beat themselves in big games.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.