The Good, the Bad, the Ugly...UF Edition

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
The Good: 641 yards offense, 445 for Blake, but the best was seeing our offense stretch the field vertically with big plays. The Bad: Turnovers...gotta give UF's D some credit though. The Ugly: Penalties. Some were bogus but many of them were not. Lots of mental mistakes....Glad to get a win but much to work on RTR.

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
Good: Sims, Cooper, 600 + yards offence

Bad: turnovers.

Ugly: ritters crew can't see a horse collar 2ft in front of them but can spot every Bama indiscretion from across the field.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I'm going to add a category.

The GREAT: Amari Cooper. I don't think I've ever seen a receiver this polished that demands as much attention as he does that STILL has a record breaking game.

The GOOD: Blake Sims. I think he's answered the "Who's going to start?" question definitively at this point.

The BAD: Not bad, just confusing: the RBs. Not sure if the OL didn't get much push in the first half or if we were just exploiting the passing game, but none of the RBs seemed to get it going until the second half.

The UGLY: Turnovers and penalties. This was an uncharacteristically sloppy Bama game. If Florida had a legitimate offense, we could have ended up with a much worse result.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
GOOD
We won
Sims
Cooper
Team holding it together during the turnovers

BAD
Sims getting hurt
All the Florida injuries, hope they are OK for Tennessee
Penalties

UGLY
Turnovers

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Good - 645 yards of offense. Sims, Coop, TJ, Henry are beasts! Gotta credit CLK for a great game plan. Getting OJ involved in the offense.
Defense played great most of the night.
You have to give a lot of credit to CNS for letting Coker get some playing time this year. He stepped up when we needed him when Blake went out. Its god to know we Coker just in case.

Bad - Sims getting banged up. Mental errors and penalties (the ones we actual deserved).

Ugly - Fumbles! I am never one of those "blame on the refs" guys, but REALLY?? I don't think I've ever seen a more poorly officiated game.

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
Good- 3rd down conversion & Tide defense

Bad- Penalties

Ugly- 21 points on turnovers

Alabama red team 42
Alabama white team 21

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
The Good: Blake, Coop, Henry. Play calling and the D were also good.
The Really Bad: "If it weren't for our offense, they wouldn't have no points at all."
The Truly Ugly: TOs and penalties. If we had not racked up >600 yards offense, and the outcome was different, it would be another "We beat ourselves" gnashing of teeth.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
The good: Cooper, Sims, 645 yds of offense.
The bad: Turnovers and penalties.
The ugly: The 21 points given to UF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coach25

1st Team
Sep 1, 2014
Good: Sims, Cooper, Henry, 645 yards, holding Florida to 200 yards, and not getting rattled after mistakes.

Bad: Safety letting guys run by them, missed long field goal, and Refs.

Ugly: Putting defense in bad situations, the heat, pentalties, and turnovers.

Last edited:

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX
yall keep stealing my thread!

Good- Offense and defense played fantastic

Bad- Penalties and missed tackles

Ugly- turnovers

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
Good: Seeing our guys keep their poise when our own mistakes 1) gave FL a lead; and 2) kept them in the game into the 3rd quarter.
Bad: Early in the game, our secondary struggled. Gator receivers bailed us out a couple of times with drops and catches out of bounds; but they were open.
Ugly: Penalties. Obviously, there were some horrendous calls and no-calls; but we've got to be more disciplined as the season wears on.

This is a deep, talented and resilient team. Our deficiencies all seem correctable, which is better than where, say, Florida sits right now; so I'm extremely happy! Roll Tide!

The GOOD
Team overcoming adversity, twice, COOP going nuts, BLAKE going nuts, Henry and Yeldon 1-2 punch, Big play on first down, Defense, Getting 645 and only giving up 200, My new little girl staying sleep through the entire game, Coke to Coop

The BAD
TURNOVERS, TURNOVERS, TURNOVERS, TURNOVERS, Lots of penalties, Blake injury, J. Washington getting burned on that one play

The UGLY
MAKING OUR OWN ADVERSITY, kicking game having a bad day, No Nick Perry sighting, The hangover I had after the day's festivities

Last edited:

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Good - second half
bad - first half
ugly - turnovers and margin, and penalties.

Bama in Quebec

1st Team
Aug 10, 2013
Quebec city
Good : Cooper, Sims, play calling, RB in second half
Bad : penalties
Ugly : turnovers, ball security

Special mention to Landon Collins. He was all over the field. What a special player that guy is. And an other mention to Tony Brown who played very well for his first start. I feel safe when this guy is on the field. There is no doubt in my mind that he's a future lock down corner.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
The Good: 641 yards offense, 445 for Blake, but the best was seeing our offense stretch the field vertically with big plays. The Bad: Turnovers...gotta give UF's D some credit though. The Ugly: Penalties. Some were bogus but many of them were not. Lots of mental mistakes....Glad to get a win but much to work on RTR.
I hate to be a thief, but these are all solid.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Good: Sims hit longer passes with players EN ROUTE, no need to stop and slow down for it

The bad: penalties

The bad: mother of God.....turnovers

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.